Cafe Racer Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Honda CBR250, or the Kawasaki Ninja 300 are great little bikes. I'd go with the Ninja myself... if I weighed 100lbs less, lol.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'd say go ahead and get the SYM. Sanyang Motors (SYM) actually built that motor for years as the 125cc Honda 4 stroke engine, so It's likely at least good enough for Honda to put their name on it. The Japanese companies, including Honda, Suzuki, Toyota, Nissan, and Mazda have used Chinese factories to build engines, transmissions, and other parts and subassemblies for decades. 99% of all scooter engines are built in China and have been for decades, also. Another thing: Chinese "brand names" mean absolutely nothing. All those scooter engines came from the same two factories, as far as I know. Most reliability problems are electrical with Chinese small bikes. Go to ScootDawg.com and download their dealer set-up procedure--- it's almost all inspecting and sealing or replacing cheap electrical connectors. 5 years ago I got my wife a Sunl 150 in a crate, for $800. (Sunl is a notoriously POS "brand," if you believe so-called scooter experts.) I drained and changed the oil, drained the oil out of the carb, ditched the oil soaked paper air filter, (I swear they assembled it and dipped it in oil like a mangy sheep!) then took the time to go through and check the harness. It has always been reliable. Zero problems in 5 years. All I did was what any dealer would have done. The only thing wrong with the one I have is that it's a scooter. I think the SYM would be fine--- the reviews I found online all found it to be a decent, if tiny, bike.

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
I'd say go ahead and get the SYM. Sanyang Motors (SYM) actually built that motor for years as the 125cc Honda 4 stroke engine, so It's likely at least good enough for Honda to put their name on it. The Japanese companies, including Honda, Suzuki, Toyota, Nissan, and Mazda have used Chinese factories to build engines, transmissions, and other parts and subassemblies for decades. 99% of all scooter engines are built in China and have been for decades, also. Another thing: Chinese "brand names" mean absolutely nothing. All those scooter engines came from the same two factories, as far as I know. Most reliability problems are electrical with Chinese small bikes. Go to ScootDawg.com and download their dealer set-up procedure--- it's almost all inspecting and sealing or replacing cheap electrical connectors. 5 years ago I got my wife a Sunl 150 in a crate, for $800. (Sunl is a notoriously POS "brand," if you believe so-called scooter experts.) I drained and changed the oil, drained the oil out of the carb, ditched the oil soaked paper air filter, (I swear they assembled it and dipped it in oil like a mangy sheep!) then took the time to go through and check the harness. It has always been reliable. Zero problems in 5 years. All I did was what any dealer would have done. The only thing wrong with the one I have is that it's a scooter. I think the SYM would be fine--- the reviews I found online all found it to be a decent, if tiny, bike.
Wake up, you do realize this thread is 9 months old the OP is long gone?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wake up, you do realize this thread is 9 months old the OP is long gone?:rolleyes:
Oh, I know. Just making a point. A lot of things you wouldn't even think of are actually made in China, Vietnam, Malasia, etc., and there's some pretty bad stuff out there, but there's also some that's as good as you get from anybody--- it IS what you get from anybody.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been internet hunting for awhile now, and I'm a bit frustrated because I can't find what I want. A few months ago, I went to a local scooter shop and fell in love with the Sym Wolf Classic 150. It's a rad little bike and I love how it looks, but I've read some really bad reviews on it and heard that it's a bitch to fix here in the US if anything went wrong... that's not a deal breaker per se, but is there anything else out there that wouldn't be a fixer upper and has the cafe or vintage look? I've lost all hope of finding anything good on Craiglist.

Ideally, I would like a moped or a smaller bike- so a 150 was appealing to me. I'm a 5'2" 115 lb girl, so I want something smaller, and I kinda prefer to have an automatic. I grew up riding 250 dirtbikes, so I think I would be fine with a clutch, but I'm not finding anything I like- at least from my online searching.

Any ideas? And are there any good shops in Southern California that have new or used cafe or vintage style bikes? Any input would be GREAT. Thanks!
I bought a brand new SYM Wolf classic in 2017.
Amazing bike! And it has a Kickstarter ! I’ve never had any “ expensive” issues with this bike. It is super cool and when I ride it you can’t wipe the smile off my face!

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Ancient history, just post pictures, everybody likes pictures.
and we know what we are looking at pretty good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dick

welp, pretty sure
Well, not posting pictures... pretty sure big Al has a tiny penis he is trying to make up for.
just trying to recommend a bike I have enjoyed.
As a small woman this bike is a great fit. No major issues. But tiny penis Al had to be rude. Fuck this forum, this is why I’m not on Facebook. Al is a cockface .peace

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
But tiny penis Al had to be rude. Fuck this forum, this is why I’m not on Facebook. Al is a cockface .peace
quote of the year so far! Added to the signature block!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Well, not posting pictures... pretty sure big Al has a tiny penis he is trying to make up for.
As a small woman this bike is a great fit. No major issues. But tiny penis Al had to be rude. Fuck this forum, this is why I’m not on Facebook. Al is a cockface .peace
Are you telling us that because of Al's tiny penis you didn't join facebook?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
seems to be alot of "cock" talk here. what would we know about cocks, ladyboy?

61 - 80 of 80 Posts