Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
School of Visual Arts, N.Y., '68,'69, didn't finish.

dch.

I love the smell of castor oil in the morning, but I have a Honda....

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Yeah, I got my degree in sculpture from USC in Columbia, class of '83. Designing and making stuff has always been and remains a priority for me. I still freelance as I can, lately its been, architectural designs and some custom metal work. Teaching is my "real" job. Motorcycles are the antidote.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Nobody truly appreciates art like a kid. My only audience nowadays is my kids, and they're in awe every time I shit out whatever drawing they ask for (Santa Troll is a seasonably relevant favorite). Of course after seeing "The Incredibles", my sons really believe that I can bench press a locomotive.

·
Registered
569 Posts
my funny art school story...one of the buildings backed up to the NYC police academy, the room where I had a 'life drawing' class, ya'll know 'life drawing', backed up to the roof of the NYC police academy...well there was this wall of windows, the police cadets were practicing marching on the roof...and the 'life drawing' 'model' would get up on this platform right up there by the windows, sun shining in, a beautiful day...and the marching..got a little squirrelly...ahhhh, the 60's.

this thread is drifting..

dch

I love the smell of castor oil in the morning, but I have a Honda....

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Thread Jacking conti -

Yeah, my daughter begged me to put up some cartoons on her wall. I have a few children's books in the mix, and threw up some illustrations from one of the books. I also had to put a terrece chair up. You Madison folks may know them well.

Here is something I have been working on. I use this one as a screensaver.

Here ends the thread jacking

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Josie has a tallented Dad. As for misty eyed art school memories, this is me with one of my favorites, dag I wish I had that H2 back:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Cool bike! I want to paint a picture of a cafe racer on my son's wall. Just have to think about it for awhile.

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Nice bike in that picture and nice "too cool to smile" look haha

Yea pete thats an awesome idea. I love my dad but i am totally jealous that he doesnt have the mechanical brain that i have and they many of you have (but yours is far supieor to mine)

-Kyle

21 - 30 of 30 Posts