Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TEN TEN CLUB

I am getting a club together. one that fits our style, and personalities, one without limitations, and one that allows the vintage riders a place of their own.

i have a few riders who are down already. we are shooting for specifically cafed bikes, vintage styles but anything will do.

weekly meetings will be held in my garage and a ride will follow with monthly install and repair days, bbq's, track days and meets at rallies and such, time permitting.

i have a nice chunk of land outside the city in a secluded area which would be perfect for a camp outs with live music.

i want to create a 59 club feel and hope to have even a fraction of their success.

our mission statement is something of a non-pretentious, helpful, and fun loving bunch who happen to ride on two wheels, interested in rock and roll, burning oil, and sharing the passion with others, if this is something you are interested in, please contact me. i am creating a website and should have it up soon.

here are logo options...

and some inspiration...

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
That's cool - be aware depending on if you ride with a patch your going to open up yourself to an ass whooping to every outlaw bike club out there especially if you have your club patch on top with the name of the state on the bottom of your jacket. Then you will have to deal with all the rookie cops out there that thinks your some bad ass mc club and finally with all the locals that ride around with their easy rider rifle mounted in the window of their pickup trucks.

Many of the outlaw clubs started the same way, in someone's garage with some good intentions only to turn bad ass in the end. Not saying that's what you guys are into - but that's how things usually end up working.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
true as can be, but i was hoping for a more helpful club, one that thrives on good music, track racing, and helping other riders by offering road side assistance and free sober rides home. it may take awhile to get the good reputation, or an ass kicking, but ive taken an ass kicking before, and any thing worth doing is worth the trouble!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
If you've got a decent-sized local riding community, consider opening up a vinmoto group. Check it out at: http://vinmoto.org/

Several different members of the vinmoto groups post here regularly (ROSKO and NYCvinmoto are always putting together events as true to the spirit of what you're trying to do as can be). Email me and I can get you all the info you'd need.

Seriously, its all DIY, it purposely avoids all of those lame/troublesome "club" connotations and its cool.

Eric

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:Originally posted by krapfever

If you've got a decent-sized local riding community, consider opening up a vinmoto group. Check it out at: http://vinmoto.org/

Several different members of the vinmoto groups post here regularly (ROSKO and NYCvinmoto are always putting together events as true to the spirit of what you're trying to do as can be). Email me and I can get you all the info you'd need.

Seriously, its all DIY, it purposely avoids all of those lame/troublesome "club" connotations and its cool.

Eric
that sounds great, thanks for the info. i just signed up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quote:Originally posted by OctaneHauler

that sounds awesome. im down to check it out!
yea octane hauler, thats the sprit.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
quote:Originally posted by a wheeler

it may take awhile to get the good reputation, or an ass kicking, but ive taken an ass kicking before, and any thing worth doing is worth the trouble!
So getting your face pummelled just to be in a club is worth it? Why don't you just call it a gang if your willing to go through that just to be known? Sorry to say dude but times have changed and it's not 1960 and this isn't England. Just hang out with your buds and have a good time and keep your bike up and rolling forward.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quote:Originally posted by Pinche Chingadera

quote:Originally posted by a wheeler

it may take awhile to get the good reputation, or an ass kicking, but ive taken an ass kicking before, and any thing worth doing is worth the trouble!
So getting your face pummelled just to be in a club is worth it? Why don't you just call it a gang if your willing to go through that just to be known? Sorry to say dude but times have changed and it's not 1960 and this isn't England. Just hang out with your buds and have a good time and keep your bike up and rolling forward.
if you dont have anything positive to say then keep your mouth shut, im making it happen, not you, so bugger off.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I thought it was fairly well established that the 59 club was started by the vicar that had a penchant for being with young lads. Make sure that your logo rips off the Ace Cafe, you have 59 stickers on all your bikes and you all go for the Ton. By the way, don't post up on a public forum and complain about any comments that you you don't like. I won't bugger off either.

Ken

P.S. Welcome to the board

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
59 club was a good club that helped a lot of young lads off the destructive paths they were on, wether the vicar had a fondness for boys is not my concern. i have alot of respect for Father Bill Shergold, he was a pioneer and started something positive.

and ken, i didnt ask for comments, i asked if anyone was interested, if you are not interested, then dont concern yourself with it.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Posting anything on here is begging for comments. Trying to come ere and define how the board should operate, probably will not be effective. My point was that creating a club to be a copy of how you believe things were in the past is role playing not reality. If that is what you want to do, then good luck and I hope you have fun with it. Many people have a great time in their lives portraying life in renaissance fairs and such.

Good luck, I hope you find some like minded sompadres out there.

Ken

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Wheeler.....screw all these guys....you and your friends do whatever you want....that's what this country is all about. If you've made a mistake you'll find out on your own, if you've done good you find that out too.

Don't be lettin these folks step on your buzz. They're just all pinched cause they never got asked to join anything in their whole lives :)

JohnnyB

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I love renaissance fairs! In fact I was just at one last week. Wore my skirt... oops, I mean kilt. Drank lots o' pints. Bought a nifty new trebuchet. Nope, can't get enough of them renaissance fairs.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
i want to be your member-at-large......

i said member and large (hehe).

texy

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
funny stuff guys, characters for sure all around. and ken, you are right, comments are inevitable, i shouldnt let it rouse me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts