Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Judey,
I started this up to take the heat off of Bransons thread.
The chassis I have will be race ready waiting for a motor. It has a completely redone stock front end with new fork seals and oil. I think I drilled the nuts and bolts for safety wire while I had it apart. The frame was welded and detabbed but not braced. The swing arm bushings are good but not new and I have a set of Boge Mulholland shocks on it. The wheels are stock for now, but if I get my new rims laced up on my drilled hubs then it will have my WM3 alloy rims on stock hubs from my good race bike on it. I might have time to slap a stock motor together with fresh rings and lapped valves, but maybe not. I could at least include a good engine that would need rings, but has the top end off. I don't know how much time I will have before Road America to get my other 2 or 3 race bikes done.
Don't any of your 350s have a good motor?

Anyway, I can get you pretty close to set up and I need to get rid of this stuff to make room for FZ600 stuff.

Lets talk,
Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Question FZ600 question... the FZ600 was the predecessor to the RZR600, right? It had a 8valve head and steel frame, right?

Is it allowed in more wera classes than the FZR600? How competitive is it in those classes?

I thinking of selling all my RD350 stuff for a bike that's a little more plug and play, and the cb350 doesn't do anything for me.

And the FZ600 is allowed in the USCRA, I think.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
ung
fz600 in uscra? what, in the track day class? or is it the tool bag class. get a real racer...don't you have tz250?. wtf
-parks

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
So what's the great love of CB350s? I know USCRA has Formula CB350. It seems like they're the most common vintage race bike everywhere, just wondering why.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
So what's the great love of CB350s? I know USCRA has Formula CB350. It seems like they're the most common vintage race bike everywhere, just wondering why.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Very intriguing, Ken - especially with alloy rims & decent shocks. How much $$$ we talkin' about?

I have a spare motor that runs, minus carbs. It's a 68/69 type 1 motor & I only had it running briefly a couple times.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Very intriguing, Ken - especially with alloy rims & decent shocks. How much $$$ we talkin' about?

I have a spare motor that runs, minus carbs. It's a 68/69 type 1 motor & I only had it running briefly a couple times.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
quote: So what's the great love of CB350s?
In my case, it's the great abundance of spare parts in my garage.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
quote: So what's the great love of CB350s?
In my case, it's the great abundance of spare parts in my garage.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Judey,
I may have a hundred bucks in the rolling chassis with the welding, fork seals and shocks. I'll throw in stock wheels and the alloy rim wheels if I get my other ones finished up too. If you have a running motor that would work great. I just don't think I have a good gas tank or carbs. I do have an exhaust system I'll throw in that is stock head pipes and some gutted chrome megaphones. I ran the exhaust and shocks at Mid-Ohio one year and they worked ok.

$100 sound ok?

Ken

AHRMA 412

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Judey,
I may have a hundred bucks in the rolling chassis with the welding, fork seals and shocks. I'll throw in stock wheels and the alloy rim wheels if I get my other ones finished up too. If you have a running motor that would work great. I just don't think I have a good gas tank or carbs. I do have an exhaust system I'll throw in that is stock head pipes and some gutted chrome megaphones. I ran the exhaust and shocks at Mid-Ohio one year and they worked ok.

$100 sound ok?

Ken

AHRMA 412

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unga,
In Wera the FZ600 fits in V5 and v6. I tthink it is competitive in those classes. It can also run in Clubman and should be ok. Looking at the USCRA rules it is too new to fit in Formula 2, but the FJ600 would fit. Same engine not quite as good chassis. I raced an FJ back in the day when there was Yamawhore money and it was a good easy ride.
The FZ also fits in CCS lightweight classes and Ultralight GP. It has to run against the SV650 and ased on what I have read about top speed and 1/4 mile times it might be competitive. I'll find out. The FJ600 was bulletproof and I just want a turnkey kind of racer. I am going to have mine be in Supersport spec and see what happens

Ken

AHRMA 412

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Unga,
In Wera the FZ600 fits in V5 and v6. I tthink it is competitive in those classes. It can also run in Clubman and should be ok. Looking at the USCRA rules it is too new to fit in Formula 2, but the FJ600 would fit. Same engine not quite as good chassis. I raced an FJ back in the day when there was Yamawhore money and it was a good easy ride.
The FZ also fits in CCS lightweight classes and Ultralight GP. It has to run against the SV650 and ased on what I have read about top speed and 1/4 mile times it might be competitive. I'll find out. The FJ600 was bulletproof and I just want a turnkey kind of racer. I am going to have mine be in Supersport spec and see what happens

Ken

AHRMA 412

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
quote: $100 sound ok?
It does, indeed! Pick up at RA. Woo-hoo!

Catboy, can I put this in your garage until I work up the guts to tell The Lovely Sue I've bought yet another bike?

·
Registered
3,453 Posts

Catboy, can I put this in your garage until I work up the guts to tell The Lovely Sue I've bought yet another bike?

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
quote:

sure. you can keep it right next to all your other shit when she kicks you out!

"Better a cruel truth than a comfortable delusion." -Edward Abbey

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
quote:

sure. you can keep it right next to all your other shit when she kicks you out!

"Better a cruel truth than a comfortable delusion." -Edward Abbey

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
By the way, Ken, I'm assuming I can pay you at RA. You know what happens when one assumes, etc...

I'm already making travel arrangements. This trip is one of the few things in my life I'm looking forward to.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Judey,
I am assuming you can pay me at RA too. I'm still trying to figure out how I am going to get all the bikes to RA. It looks like I may be trying to haul 4 bikes. 3 cb350's and the XJ550. If Tex isn't going to be there to get the stocker CB350, who will be at RA that wants it?

Ken

AHRMA 412

1 - 20 of 26 Posts