Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my wife. She's been intrigued by the notion of a scooter for awhile, and with the price of gas going north she's starting to get serious about it. Sat on a Honda and a Yamaha, but wasn't thrilled with either. So after some research, she's asking about a Vespa. There isn't a Vespa dealer in Vermont, so I'm putting it out to you'se what might know somethin'.
I'm probably talking about a gently used small to midsize model...

FR

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That place seems to have 1 of everything. They're always popping up on ebay searches. Someday I may stop in there...
Yeah anyway you're right, she wants to just push the starter button and twist the throttle, no gears, clutch or kickstarter please.

FR

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
check out the want ad digest (wantaddigest.com) out of Albany. There is a guy there that usually has several classic Vespas for sale. Run around $3800.

How about a 60's Honda c100--- still cheap, parts readily available and 200mpg. Not very fast, but good enough for around town. If you are coming to the giro I should have one there (not for sale).

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
check out the want ad digest (wantaddigest.com) out of Albany. There is a guy there that usually has several classic Vespas for sale. Run around $3800.

How about a 60's Honda c100--- still cheap, parts readily available and 200mpg. Not very fast, but good enough for around town. If you are coming to the giro I should have one there (not for sale).

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:Originally posted by JackC

Yeah, saw that guy too, I think he's in Schenectady. I had the thought about a small Honda, I even have one, a Trail 90, but it's still kickstart and gears to shift, aside from being another vintage bike, which I really don't need at this point...

FR

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
FR if you find something in the Albany/Schenectady area or close by and buy it sight unseen, I can haul it to Vintage Celebration or drop it off along the way. I'd check it out for you, but I wouldn't know what to look for.

Pete

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Pete, I think we're going to be patient and find something local. Turns out she was fine with the Yamaha Vino (125) she sat on, but she thought maybe a Vespa would be cool to check out too.
Then she found out that she'd need a m/c addendum on her license, not sure how motivated she is on that score.

FR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts