Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
dyno tuning an FCB or 350GP bike would be a flagrant violation of the intent of the rules for these classes. such an excercise would invovle time, money and a commitment to detail deemed unsavory for such a slacker class and would be considered a gateway to further and potentially illegal tuning.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
yeah, last year i got so caught up trying to get my truck in shape to make the run to VIR that i wasn't even able to try starting my bike until our group had been called for saturday practice, let alone the day before.

-tt

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
you guys are funny. but 20hp rosko??? im still going with 26-28 at the wheel.

jc

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
i physically witnessed Soto's moto forever lose about two of it's Hp during it's initial tune... when it launched it's right-side spark plug out if it's minimally threaded head in a forceful arch out over our stone wall and into the neighboring hay-field to nearly ignite a raging brush fire. his bike had yet to provide nearly as much fun again, that is until he later (at the track with a failed helicoil) tried to safetywire and JB and setscrew the plug back into place with even fewer threads at his disposal only to full-on-electrocute himself in T3 as he reached down to secure the plug that "somehow" giggled loose on the sighting lap.[:p]

god i love that kid-
tt

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Funny stuff Tim. Nothing better than to laugh at someone else's misfortunes.

Soto-moto and Yellar are contending for the FCB Rodney Dangerfield title. Who knows what they are capable of once they get a well running bike?

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
thats pretty funny. the things i miss now!

and swapping a head is soo easy.

jc

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
quote:Originally posted by joe c

thats pretty funny. the things i miss now!

and swapping a head is soo easy.

jc
yeah right...easy when you have one. and thanks to JallthatD Soto's moto has a new head. what you gotta remember is that alex and i came into this just 3 years ago with no racing and no real mechanical know-how and did't know any of you guys either, so we were just fumbling in the dark. alex thought he had a helicoil fix, but then it blew out a few meets later. the other thing was that first plug blew out in my driveway about 18 hours before we were supposed to take the Hawk school to get our license.

but you should make Soto give you the rundown one night in the pits. the guy has heart...i don't think i'd still be in it if i had all the issues he's been dealt.

-tt

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
when i got my cb350 from mike i had been trying unsuccesfully for about 18mos to get my triumph running. the triumph was the first motor i had ever built. fortunately, the honda ran out of the parking lot when i got it. but i had been sitting there for probably 5 years before i got it. it had no rear wheel, and i had clue either. fortunately the motor was a runner for the first 3 seasons. well, until it dies that slow honda cb death. te good thing is, alex knows he can actually count on any of us to help. or for that matter, there is a such a great group of smart people accesable to anyone here who races cb350's that really there isnt an answer that can be had. which kicks ass. alex, we're all glad you kept at it. its kickin to see you at t he track man.

jc

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I'm with you TT - all my internal combustion mechanical experience started with this club. And I've screwed up alot of stuff along the way. Luckily for new people there are some really helpful people in the pits. I would probably still be sitting on a milk crate in the garage if it were different

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I always thought cb350 hp depended on how frisky the hamsters were feeling that day.

anybody have some dyno pulls on a stock 350. I am kinda curious what the curves look like.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts