Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on mounting rear sets and need to find a brake and shift actuator to hook the linkage up to. Does anyone know where to buy them, or does anyone make them?
Thanks,
Mut.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
not sure what you are asking about...so you need a bellcrank? a linkage? or just a pedal with a mount for a clevis in it?

can you be more specific about what you mean by actuator?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
not sure what you are asking about...so you need a bellcrank? a linkage? or just a pedal with a mount for a clevis in it?

can you be more specific about what you mean by actuator?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Geeto,
I thought i might not be using the right term. With a normal shift lever, it mounts right to the post coming out of the engine housing. I need a new piece that will mount on that post that I can connect my linkage rod to. I was thinking that i could just cut my shift lever down to size and drill a hole in it, but that may look like crap.

I will try to post a picture this evening and show what I need.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Geeto,
I thought i might not be using the right term. With a normal shift lever, it mounts right to the post coming out of the engine housing. I need a new piece that will mount on that post that I can connect my linkage rod to. I was thinking that i could just cut my shift lever down to size and drill a hole in it, but that may look like crap.

I will try to post a picture this evening and show what I need.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
For the shifters I have heard of people pirating them from CBR rearsets (f3 600s and cbr929s). Raask and Tarozzi both make those parts as part of their rearsets and you might be able to get them individually from the manufacturer or US dealers (omar's dtr is one of them). I would look around for a cbr part instead...go to your honda dealership and ask if they have any older cbrs they are parting out. Mine has at least 1 regularly.

For the brakes, well most people just modify the rod on their drum brakes to connect directly to the levers. You can also convert to cable actuation.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
For the shifters I have heard of people pirating them from CBR rearsets (f3 600s and cbr929s). Raask and Tarozzi both make those parts as part of their rearsets and you might be able to get them individually from the manufacturer or US dealers (omar's dtr is one of them). I would look around for a cbr part instead...go to your honda dealership and ask if they have any older cbrs they are parting out. Mine has at least 1 regularly.

For the brakes, well most people just modify the rod on their drum brakes to connect directly to the levers. You can also convert to cable actuation.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Maybe you could use one of these that suzukisam is selling. That's what I picked a few up for.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Maybe you could use one of these that suzukisam is selling. That's what I picked a few up for.

·
Registered
201 Posts
also a lot of the new bikes have a linkage setup, just got to your local junk yard or get on ebay.. I used cbr hurricane setup, and then made a new rod that was the right length

carpe diem.... seize the carp

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
...or just turn your gearshift lever so it points toward the rear, instead of the front, and learn the reverse/race shift pattern. it eliminates the need for linkage all together. i've done this to my street bikes so i don't get confused at the track.

-tt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts