Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 1982 XR80 for sale locally . . . looks good, says it runs great, wants $300.00 for it. Sound OK? Let me know you little bike guys. Good for Aaron's track?
And it's RED.

Evil

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
The money sounds right. Still want to check all the obvious things if you can, compression etc. I think that's a twin shock model. Either way, yeah it's a cool bike, but it's not an XR100, smaller wheels, 16" front 14" rear I believe, VS 19" and 16" on the XR100. Probably about 6 horses instead of 8 for the 100. You can still get it around Aaron's track, just don't try to do what he does. It'll end in tears.
If it's an unmolested bike it's definitly worth it.

FR

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
evil, itd make a great pitbike for you, but dont even think about running that thing around arrons place. they are waay smaler than the 100's but actually alot of parts interchange. that one will have a points iggy too. not so great. 300 is a good price. but they arent really built for abusing them the way you will. although i have a feeling bransons got a few sweet speed parts for em.

jc

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, I'm going to go for it this afternoon, guy dropped the price to $200.00. If it runs, It'll be good for the kid.

·
Registered
576 Posts
You can't go wrong for that money. Hell, if it runs you could double your money come spring.

Gas Right, Clutch Left

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I think you could punch it up to a 100 pretty easy. I think powroll has some hop up parts for them. I have an XR75 engine and frame here. Always wanted to build a 50 class bike (81cc legal limit) with it. Five speed too.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shitty bike. runs, but little compression oil burning bad clutch. no front brake perch/lever worth nothing. but it did run . . . . if anyone wants it he'd probably take $100.00 now.
oh well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts