Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal, I havent owned a bike for about 5 yrs and have regretted selling it for the entire 5 yrs.

I've finally been able to wear down my wife and she has warmed to the idea of me getting back into riding bikes.

I'm looking for a late model jap or brittish bike. 67-72's are what have been catching my eye. It seems like everytime I find one Im interested in the owner decides to jack up the price/ wont budge on the price or its sold out from under me. I've been concentrating my efforts to craigs list and word of mouth but I know that there has to be a better way.

Ive got a budget of 500-1000 depending on how much work it needs... I also want something that is immeadiately road worthy. Bad paint, rust/ seat rips/ needs carb cleaned - are not important. Im compitant (passable) with a wrench. Major engine work/ non functional is a deal breaker as I want to be able to ride it for a few months and then decide how much restoration/ customization is appropriate. Also, 350cc is about as big as I want to go for now.

Im in Milwaukee if it helps get the juices flowing.
J

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
good fucking luck finding a brit bike for $1000 that isn't blown apart and sitting in milk crates.

$1000 should get you a really decent cb360 though, cb350s may be out of the $1000 for a runner as most around here sell for $1200 and up, but he price is regional.

Look at the alternative bikes - gs450s, xs400s, etc you should be able to pick one of them up in nice shape for $1000. Don't worry about them being over 350ccs - they are still pigs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts