Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Wow....what a load of crap on both sides.

Sounds like a bunch of children fighting. All this garbage for play-racing old bikes?
JohnnyB

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, my kindergarteners are more mature, despite all that i want to race and the premier venue in the mid-west is ahrma and i want it to continue.

scott from chicago
ahrma #527

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I think AHRMA will be fine. Too much momentum for them to die. They have some huge income from memberships, they'll be able to pay the bills find I'm sure.
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
ahrma sucks.....

i've been saying it for years.

only two good things they had going were daytona and mid-ohio.

race daytona once and check it off your list forever. mid-ohio is cool only for the amount of activities that weekend.

basically the trustees stink, the rules (and their enforcement) stink, the snobbery stinks.

f 'em!

tex

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I always enjoyed racing with AHRMA at Beaver. No hassles and a smooth operation. Fast riders too. Only difference I saw was that people were pretty tight lipped about their bikes.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
218 Posts
You can add Beaver Run to that list of tracks. I also have had no bad AHRMA expirence. Hope they'll pull it together.

Cheers, A.D.
P.S. it was 70 degrees yesterday!!!!!

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I don't road race so I don't have a lot of expirence with AHRMA's operation trackside. I do however know people on both sides of this fence and all I can say is that my personal feeling is that there is a lot more going on behind the scenes here and a lot of it has to do with the internal politics of AHRMA. I think this has been a bunch of sour pills for everybody all around to swallow and even now with the public statement there is the hint of animosity that all this litigation has created.

I am sure we have not seen the end of this, by any stretch of the imaginaton.

if anybody is wondering what were team obsolete's "statements" AHRMA is reffering to here is the link:

http://teamobsoleteforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=65df20a02903098f77b50ca69ff64c6f&board=9.0

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
From what I can see...once again...the only winners here are the lawyers.
I can't imagine anyone being so obcessed with amature vintage racing that they would get involved in something like this. It's a freakin hobby. Usually you only see this kind of fight when huge money is on the line. Maybe the pres of AHRMA makes 100g's a year, I don't know. Just all seems kind of childish to me. I'd sell all my bikes and play with some other kind of toy before I'd go through all that crap.
JohnnyB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts