Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Trials bicycle.

How much practice does it take to get this good? How much falling is involved? I'm remembering when I used to skateboard, and my falling to success ratio was always pretty high. A lot of bruises and blood, but a whole lot of fun, too.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
They make them with engines too...

Keep thinking I get me one. Buddy has an 05 Beta for sale. He keeps telling me how I can make a bitchin' area in my backyard out of pallets and whatnot.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
They make them with engines too...

Keep thinking I get me one. Buddy has an 05 Beta for sale. He keeps telling me how I can make a bitchin' area in my backyard out of pallets and whatnot.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
quote:Originally posted by catboy

who doesn't dig band of horses?
Me

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
quote:Originally posted by catboy

who doesn't dig band of horses?
Me

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
quote:Originally posted by spacmanspif300

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZlmqC6AHwE&feature=player_embedded

Trials bicycle.

How much practice does it take to get this good? How much falling is involved? I'm remembering when I used to skateboard, and my falling to success ratio was always pretty high. A lot of bruises and blood, but a whole lot of fun, too.
Lots of practice. Years. I've fiddled around just a little bit with trials motorcycles. It's fun, but there's a lot to it that just isn't intuitive. And you can get yourself into some serious trouble if you screw up on some of the tall stuff. It's a long way down with an angry bike coming after you!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
quote:Originally posted by spacmanspif300

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZlmqC6AHwE&feature=player_embedded

Trials bicycle.

Lots of practice. Years. I've fiddled around just a little bit with trials motorcycles. It's fun, but there's a lot to it that just isn't intuitive. And you can get yourself into some serious trouble if you screw up on some of the tall stuff. It's a long way down with an angry bike coming after you!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep, what FR said. Just like skateboarding, BMX, surfing whatever.
You keep f*ucking up, over and over 'till you nail it.
Damn fun though.

Amazing what all that low-speed/no-speed balance and body positioning can do for your regular motorcycle riding.
A lot of the top riders in the toughest enduro races are trials riders first (The Tough 1, Erzberg etc.)

Yeah that latest video, Way Back Home, is incredible from both a riding and a filming standpoint. Top-notch.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep, what FR said. Just like skateboarding, BMX, surfing whatever.
You keep f*ucking up, over and over 'till you nail it.
Damn fun though.

Amazing what all that low-speed/no-speed balance and body positioning can do for your regular motorcycle riding.
A lot of the top riders in the toughest enduro races are trials riders first (The Tough 1, Erzberg etc.)

Yeah that latest video, Way Back Home, is incredible from both a riding and a filming standpoint. Top-notch.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Not knockin' the dudes skills, but I kept watching, waiting for the trials action. I can't do a tiny fraction of that type of riding.
Praise to the great Bunny Hop.

NE

·
Registered
586 Posts
Not knockin' the dudes skills, but I kept watching, waiting for the trials action. I can't do a tiny fraction of that type of riding.
Praise to the great Bunny Hop.

NE

·
Registered
42 Posts
@curbtiger

Yeah, worth checking out that second video, action starts at about 30sec, then doesn't let up.

Blows me away each time I see it.

(dunno if you can skip the ad at the beginning)

·
Registered
42 Posts
@curbtiger

Yeah, worth checking out that second video, action starts at about 30sec, then doesn't let up.

Blows me away each time I see it.

(dunno if you can skip the ad at the beginning)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts