Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
It is for 1979 to 1982 DOHC CB750/900/1100 motors just to be clear. It is NOT for SOHC engines and cannot be made to fit.

I have only seen one of those units in my life on the street, they really were race pieces. Looks cool, has a short life.

Nice piece.

·
Registered
227 Posts
quote:Originally posted by imslow

wow ! that is very exciting ! I luv exclamations !
Someone forgot their Prozac before listing on Ebay!

·
Registered
692 Posts
I now really do think a lot of the E-Bayers are 2 beers short of a 6 pack . And most likely would sell a 4 pack of beer for the price of 6 . To each his own and a pound of provalone.

·
Registered
854 Posts
this is what i need. i want a new one though. my DOHC will sound like a Duc!!

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by oneworden

uh....no. It will not sound like a duc, part of the duc's "chuck chuk chuck" dry clutch sound comes form the vibrations of firing a v-twin. The honda 4 is a smooth running engine and the clutch will sound more like someone dropped some marbles into your engine lower case. It isn't a pretty sound.

BTW, exposed dry clutches sound like shit. There is no reason for your clutch to be louder than your exhaust.

·
Registered
854 Posts
[/quote]

The honda 4 is a smooth running engine
[/quote]

HA...you never rode mine!!

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
everyone digs the sound of the rattler plates in my ride even though they aren't as loud as the straight pipes and you only hear them do their tambourine thing with the clutch disengaged

I'd hate to think I had to cover my exposed dry clutch and belt primary with not needed garbage when it functions flawlessly uncovered and exposed

and it quite easy to service when required

now I don't know a thing about this dohc clutch, but regardless, I don't care much at all for the cb dohc hondas. I could easily see it probably is a short lived high maintenance bit

quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

quote:Originally posted by oneworden

uh....no. It will not sound like a duc, part of the duc's "chuck chuk chuck" dry clutch sound comes form the vibrations of firing a v-twin. The honda 4 is a smooth running engine and the clutch will sound more like someone dropped some marbles into your engine lower case. It isn't a pretty sound.

BTW, exposed dry clutches sound like shit. There is no reason for your clutch to be louder than your exhaust.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
my ducati has a dry clutch, I like it covered up where it is muted, exposing it will not cause it to work any better to expose a primary or anything. If I had a harley or a triumph I could see it but to me it is unnecessary. I can still hear it if I listen but the sound of the termi's is much sweeter. Some ducati's sound ok with a dry clutch, but most are offensive sounding, some sound like something is broken. Certain year monsters and older 900ss bikes are like this, the newer ones not so much. Thw worst is some guy at bike night with a 996 where at idle the rattle is louder than anyother noise on his bike including his terminogni exhaust. Awful. If any car I owned made that noise I am pretty sure I would crap myself, I never will understand what people find about it that is so pleasing.

That DOHC piece is a race piece, not maintenance heavy but it does have a pretty short life. HRC ran wet clutches on the DOHCs in endurance racing and that has to count for something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts