Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
What? The sportster was always American and right hand shift from day 1 (because the British were right hand shift). Some of the Italian HDs like the sprint shared parts like the seat and tank and fenders but that's it.
Thank you for the correction. I was aware of the parts sharing and just figured the apple had to be near the tree. Right hand shift kinda cemented it in my mind...for the last 40 years or so.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Didn't you tell me that these old HD made bad street bikes because they were slow as shit on the road?
some comment of needing to be 80 years old and have a foot long beard to own/ride one.....

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't reproduction parts have a massive effect on price?
Go look at a 700 lb big twin that makes 56 hp and 72 Ft/lbs of torque and tell me that's a speed demon.

Go to an HD rally and tell me who owns them, better yet go to sturgis and tell me you aren't in dirtbag hell. I don't remember anything about a zz-top beard, but I do make the joke of "how do you keep a harley owner from charging at you in a fight? kick out his cane".

with HD's, almost every WL or WLA is going to have some repop parts on them. They were tough bikes but they lead the tough life that a vehicle being treated like toilet paper would. Plus the vibration tends to crack parts, esp stamped sheetmetal fenders. If the bike was an all original, unmolested, unrestored example it would be nearer to $20K. But every better than nice rider I have seen is right around $10K. besides have you ever seen a harley 10 years old or older that has never been fucked with?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts