Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have been lurking the site here for a couple of years I guess, and it's been very helpful and informative. I'm building a street legal bike with the goal of having it totally ready to ride to mid-Ohio next year. There is one thing that I need now, and I can't find anything. I am doing some work on my 73 CB350G, and I put rearsets on the passenger peg mounts. I know most people weld a bracket up higher, but I love the fit with them where I have them, not to mention that it's less work. The problem that I am having is that the shift and brake levers rest on top of the stock exhaust pipes. This bike is going to be for the street, so I wanted to keep the center stand. Does anyone know of a ready to go exhaust that would work (other than CL pipes - that's a last resort)? I have looked all over the place, and the best I have found is a 2 into 1 that would clear up the shift side, but doesn't look too promising for the brake side. Fabricating something could be an option I guess, but I have absolutely no experience with fabricating an exhaust. Thanks guys for any help that you can give me.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
well all you need is someone like jbranson to bend you up some pipe to extend from your head pipes and slip some generic shorties like you can find at www.oldbikebarn.com under universal mufflers.
you could go to an exhaust shop but usually they dont have such small diameter tubing.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
well all you need is someone like jbranson to bend you up some pipe to extend from your head pipes and slip some generic shorties like you can find at www.oldbikebarn.com under universal mufflers.
you could go to an exhaust shop but usually they dont have such small diameter tubing.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts