1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like it. Where did you get the pipes for it? This is another example of a CX that makes me want to get one. My first bike in the early 90's was a Silver Wing. It sat outside for 2 years so it was given to me for free. I must have spent a lifetime cleaning it.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
cx turbo wheels look bad ass in black (BTW the bike is not a cx turbo but that is what the wheels are off of).

It is a very pretty bike....too bad it is a cx. They are quirky, but slow, and a pain in the ass....but this is nothing I haven't said before.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew you'd pop up Geets. It IS a pretty bike, I just stole the pic off another gallery somewhere.

A buddy of mine has his workshop one building from mine in the business park here. He's a machinist as well and is working up an 800cc conversion for his 650 turbo....that should be something.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
yeah anytime the cx bug need to be squashed I am there to put foot to ass....

while the vanilla cx500 and cx650 bikes are just a different species of roach in the genus of UJM, the turbo variants of both bikes are really unique incredible machines.

Notwithstanding that they are factory turbo bikes, they are also computer controlled and fuel injected. Think about that for a second...a computer controlled FI turbo motorcycle in 1985 - when honda was still installing carberators on their cars! sure they had issues, but for the most part no more than a standard cx500. The resultant performance boost makes the bikes as fast as they should have been but they are still not the indescriminate killing machine the kawasaki 750 turbo was.

800ccs out of a cx650 turbo - neat!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed on most counts, I think in my case i just dig a good looking bike.

As for Dave's bike (800cc) I'll see if he'll let me get a few pics. He's pretty tight about it though I've seen his one-off pistons and well...they look like nice pistons....

·
Registered
194 Posts
you got that pic from someone who went to the "coupes moto legende" in Dijon, France, 2 weeks ago, where i was, where i saw that bike, took pics of it, and saw that thing fly....

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You were there! Sweet, I did indeed steal that pic.
So it went ok huh? Cool!

·
Registered
326 Posts
That's nice,love the turbo wheels also.

A guy in Bloomington,In. used to have a CX500 Turbo(pearl white) back in the eighties. He had no trouble doing power wheelies on that bike,even at slower(off boost)speeds. It wasn't the dog off boost you would think it would be only being a low compression 500.

Of course my buddy's 750 Ninja Turbo could have blown it out of the water at the time,but still that CX had more power than a lot of people gave it credit for.

The 550-650's at the time couldn't touch it out on the highway when it was on boost.

My buddy's 750..well you had better bring at least 900cc+ and a BUILT one at that or else just stay home!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts