Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweet, is it all there

Mostly but I'm struggling for some of the rods, bolts and tie bars, especially engine and gearbox to frame, so I think I'm going to invest in a lathe and make the ones I can't source myself. It's been powder coated poorly and I spent a long time getting the forks together, threads and races cleaned.
20200522_214929.jpg

Progress has stalled lately though but should recommence as the nights draw in
It'll be single seat too.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
That looks like Ariel maroon paint? (I think my brother still has his NH)
Haven't been on a C11G since I was about 14, we had one running on paraffin 'dieseling' so well we couldn't stop it (even in second gear with front wheel against vicarage wall :D:rolleyes:)
Still have some bits for a rigid C10L somewhere, most of it went missing at least 40 years ago though.

Reactions: Andyshep

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
OMG. That was one of the first bike I ever rode. Great for learning on because it makes precisely zero hp as I recall. OK that's a little cruel but they are nice "soft" bikes that are easy to ride and not intimidating at all. Others might call them cute. Earlier this year we were in Frome and heard a familiar sound - an old B31 plonking up the hill. It seemed totally out of place with the other vehicles and totally appropriate to the architecture if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Mostly but I'm struggling for some of the rods, bolts and tie bars, especially engine and gearbox to frame, ...
Anything that threaded stainless steel rod and a hand full of nuts and washers would work for?
It's cheap and fully length adjustable.

They do ride very comfy couch like.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anything that threaded stainless steel rod and a hand full of nuts and washers would work for?
It's cheap and fully length adjustable.

They do ride very comfy couch like.
Some might, I do have a few bits of varying sizes. But others are specific diameter at specific points by the looks of it.

I've got to get some inner tubes and tyres but not sure on sizes, then get the engine together on bench, then fit it all together. I've just, today taken on a more senior role at work do that's taking my time ATM.

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
I have a small Atlas lathe but you are too far away. There has to be millions of them out there used now if they haven't been scrapped, they don't teach kids how to use them in school any more.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I could probably get the use of one as much as I need but would probably get in the way and would prefer my own.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
C11G is suspended...... Ba dum tsh.
20201010_131621.jpg

Got a few bikes coming in over the next few weeks; GS500 for carb issues and possible oil leak and fork work, Fireblade is back for a choke cable and a bit of a tidy pre winter wrap up and the RF900 is running like a dog again, yay, more carbs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts