Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While painting my tank today it fell over and put a big dent in it, its ruined. Asspecially after my foot made contact with it. So now I need a new C tank for my bike. Well I'm going to go look at a 80 900C and I was going to grab the dual front disc brake front end so I might see how the tank is on it too. This is just a pain in my ass

22/m
1980 Honda CB750
1972 Oldsmobile 442

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
you can fix it.you need a large throat vise grips you can find them at harbor frieght or home depot.stick on side in the tank and a board or some thing straight over the dent adjust and clamp vise grips unclamping and moving the end around to you get the dent popped out reasonably well and just taking your time you can get it as close as you have patience for.

then some filler ,use a walmart body work file to get the first wipe smoth and down quick in its semi hard state ,liagtly as it gets harder you cand file harder but when its jelly like is the best time and easiest to work filler.the second coat use 80 grit .anothe wipr of filler and you should see your tank as fixed .sand with 150 grit.
then another thin wipe of filler use 150 again and then 220.then some primer.block that out and you saved your self the cost of a tank.

Its the pro that can dust himself off and get thru a mishap.you can do it it happens to the best of us.fix it and you will learn alot more.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts