Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been loitering too long so here goes. FR turned me on to this site a long while back. The knowledge, experience and humor that makes its way onto this board is the best. period.
Started dirt tracking with my best bud FR while my kids were in dipes (wife still shakes her head in disbelief) the current challenge is to mix it up on a road course. I've got a few projects in the barn the hot one used to be my flat tracker. It's an old XT Yamaha w/ a warmed up SR motor, stout front end w/ clip ons and a drilled disk & brembo caliper, TZ seat seaction. The rims were built up by Lou Q. as was the completely nuts chassis geometry. I've made a bunch of bits a pieces for the thing but for some reason the race to street conversion is going a lot slower than street to race. The plan so far is to grid the thing in vintage singles and have a badass cafe. Some of you guys have seen my bike at Tim Kennedy's shop and no doubt asked yourselves WTF is that thing. The cool one is a '69 T100, she's a barn queen but cleaned up pretty nice. I want to ride the wheels of that thing. My daily is a 94 VFR. The pit bike is the old twin shock XR100 at Aaron's .......Thanks for letting me hang out Aaron , your back yard rocks, now please pick up the lathe.
thats what I got, cheers on a dark sunday afternoon, bill

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Right on. For a very small fee, I'll deliver the lathe to Aaron's barn. I think a few beers from each party would do it.

FR

1 - 2 of 2 Posts