Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbumPhoto&albumID=1785802&imageID=24116323
There should be six pics. but im not sure if its working. I need advice on posting the pics in the forum without the link, trying to figure out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate to have to keep this up but, I cant figure out how to get the photo from photo bucket to here..HELP PLEASE

·
Registered
55 Posts
if you are looking at a picture in an album (in photobucket.com), you will see a bunch of code underneath. "email & IM", "Direct Link", "HTML Code" and then there is the last one "IMG Code". That is the one you are interested in. Copy every thing in the box starting with "[IMG.]" and ending with "[/IMG.]" (except without the last dot there in the end. I put that dot there, so that the code wouldn't work.).

If you right-click most any image on the internet and select "Properties", it has an address. For example the Caferacer.net logo at the top of this page. If you right click on it and select properties, you will see it's URL or 'internet address'. It is http://www.caferacer.net/images/ovallogo.gif What that means is that on the web site caferacer.net, there is a folder called "images" and in that folder is the image ovallogo.gif. in order for the software of this message board to interpret that as a picture, you need to add a little code. That code is [IMG.] for image and [/IMG.] to let it know that it's the end of the address for that image.

so if you wanted to add that logo to your post you would post it like this:
http://www.caferacer.net/images/ovallogo.gif[/img.] (except without the last dot there in the end. I put that dot there, so that the code wouldn't work.)

[img]http://www.caferacer.net/images/ovallogo.gif

·
Registered
69 Posts
Great job so far. Did you paint the frame yourself? Looks powdercoated but then again I'm more performance than aesthetic minded.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Great job so far. Did you paint the frame yourself? Looks powdercoated but then again I'm more performance than aesthetic minded.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would like some opinions on what to do with the color of the seat and tank and fendors. i was going black but now i dont know. its all paint, very low budget. im not sure how well the thing will run any ways, i bought it in buckets.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would like some opinions on what to do with the color of the seat and tank and fendors. i was going black but now i dont know. its all paint, very low budget. im not sure how well the thing will run any ways, i bought it in buckets.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
silver, maybe?

You should get it running right now before anything else. trust me, I have a 450 also.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
silver, maybe?

You should get it running right now before anything else. trust me, I have a 450 also.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Red to match the frame!

·
Registered
670 Posts
First off, welcome from another "newbee" Irealy like your 450. I think it would look better if you painted it red like the tail, you have enough crome @ polished alloy so that wouldn't be to much red, also red is a traditional raceing color for Honda. Can'twait to see it finished!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I got crackin again tonight, it runs, but doesnt idle yet though. The throttle snaps quickly though and im sure ill have it fingered out soon nuf'. Lesson to all, kickers are cool but not justified when your starting a tune. Just bolt the starter on, you'll thank yourself later...Or after about 22min. you'll relize how weak you really are and need to start workin out again!
Im thinking about painting it ultra bright white?????

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
right cylinder only has about 90 psi compression, while the left has about 140. looks like im tearing it down again...........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts