Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Frank Ross, latley better known as Jens dad or Dief. I have to admit I have been lurking in this site for more than a year and have gained alot of usefull info. I have met a number of the frequent contributors at NHMS. Everyone has been very friendly and supportive, and interested in Jens proggress on the track. She was having so much fun I had to give racing a try, It seems to be slightly addictive.
Looking forward to alot more enjoyment on Caferacer.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Hi Frank,

Welcome aboard.

Since Jen won't tell me, where did you get your race bike's front fenders???? You run 360's, right? Do they have drum front brakes? My '75 cb360 street has a disc up front.

Thanks,
Jack #288

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Hi Frank,

Welcome aboard.

Since Jen won't tell me, where did you get your race bike's front fenders???? You run 360's, right? Do they have drum front brakes? My '75 cb360 street has a disc up front.

Thanks,
Jack #288

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jack, Got those nice front fenders from Matt Tanner. I think he is on this group. Matt makes some other items in fiberglass also. belly pans and even gas tanks. If you need to get ahold of him before the next race I will tell him to contact you.
Jen and I are both running CB360s. I started buying old bikes before I knew that 350s are more popular with racers. And have more developed knownledge and engine parts availabilty. That said I am still satisfied with the performance of these bikes for a novice racer, as the riders skills need to develop before you can use more power.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jack, Got those nice front fenders from Matt Tanner. I think he is on this group. Matt makes some other items in fiberglass also. belly pans and even gas tanks. If you need to get ahold of him before the next race I will tell him to contact you.
Jen and I are both running CB360s. I started buying old bikes before I knew that 350s are more popular with racers. And have more developed knownledge and engine parts availabilty. That said I am still satisfied with the performance of these bikes for a novice racer, as the riders skills need to develop before you can use more power.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rosko,
definitly will look you up if your at the track. I am just starting to get enough time to visit with folks at the track. I was a little overwellemed just making sure I could get a bike on the track.
Trying to relax and drink in some of the great comaradery.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rosko,
definitly will look you up if your at the track. I am just starting to get enough time to visit with folks at the track. I was a little overwellemed just making sure I could get a bike on the track.
Trying to relax and drink in some of the great comaradery.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Dief glad you took the time to join up, this is the place to get all your questions answered, much better than the official site, these guys are really helpful with the details.

Yep the real tanner is here he’s the [monkey], jack knows him

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Dief glad you took the time to join up, this is the place to get all your questions answered, much better than the official site, these guys are really helpful with the details.

Yep the real tanner is here he’s the [monkey], jack knows him

1 - 13 of 13 Posts