Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.anubiscycle.com/customer-builds.htm
down the left sidebar. where it says donations. thats pretty shameless. They try to portray this super professional image and all that, and then they have that "make a donation" shit on the same page saying every dollar counts. have some damn dignity.
am i the only one that has no respect for that shit?
i ran a custom shop, and i never expected freaking donations from my customers. i never thought to ask though.

'72 cb750
'76 cb550

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Anubis is pretty supportive of a lot of people on the SOHC4.us board. I have no personal dealings with them but I am pretty sure proteal55 is good friends with the owner. I have only heard good things about them.

That being said, my personal feeling is unless you are a not for profit charity you have no business asking for donations. Period. I don't care if it is for R&D, you are basically asking people to help you make money in the future for nothing in return. It isn't like if you make a donation they will give you a credit toward any parts you buy. I am all for supporting local shops, by actually buying the stuff they sell or having work done, not just throwing it at them.

I wonder if he actually gets donations?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Me and Tom(owner of Anubis) are "internet" friends, and nothing more.
I have never met him, but as far as I can see is a decent guy.

I know for a fact that he has had some personal issues in the recent months, in the midst of a divorce, and so on. I wish him the best...

ProTeal55
Member: Ton-Up Club Chicago

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:
Me and Tom(owner of Anubis) are "internet" friends, and nothing more.
I have never met him, but as far as I can see is a decent guy.

I know for a fact that he has had some personal issues in the recent months, in the midst of a divorce, and so on. I wish him the best...

ProTeal55
Member: Ton-Up Club Chicago
sorry for the confusion, I had seen you post about him on the SOHC4 board as your friend so I assumed he was a friend IRL. my mistake.

sucks when bad things happen. I hope he comes out ok.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well you should tell him as a friend to remove the donation link. :) and then tell him to put up some pics of the rear sets he makes for the 750 k's.

'72 cb750
'76 cb550

·
Registered
217 Posts
quote:
well you should tell him as a friend to remove the donation link. :) and then tell him to put up some pics of the rear sets he makes for the 750 k's.

'72 cb750
'76 cb550
In the time it took you to post this you could of emailed him yourself..

Like I said I havent spoke with Tom in over a year..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts