Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Good question.... Spent 1/2 an hour looking through the main manufacturers websites, and the only one I liked was a BMW 1200RS.
Can't say why, other than I've liked the few 4 valve twins that I've ridden, and this one looks good to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Good question.... Spent 1/2 an hour looking through the main manufacturers websites, and the only one I liked was a BMW 1200RS.
Can't say why, other than I've liked the few 4 valve twins that I've ridden, and this one looks good to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
Royal Enfield Continental GT

I like thumpers and it's the only factory bike that looks like fun(legal fun). I was actually really surprised to read Geeto express positive reviews about it, which makes me think it may be a decent bike.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I'll probably end up buying a Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 before it's all over.
But I like the aprilia shiver 750, the Indian Dark Horse, and the Ducati Panigale 1200.
I guess if I'm dreaming I might as well have a bike for every purpose...

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
That's so hard because there are so many specific purpose machines out there that are calling my name. I guess if someone put a gun to my head and said "pick one" it would be the Victory Vision.

image.jpg

Why? Simple........I would love to be able to take long rides to go to far destinations and not get there hating motorcycles. To me, there is nothing worse than a long touring ride that is not comfy. It makes me dislike the journey. I'm all into the comfy now so posing, peg dragging and 3 mile long wheelies at 110 mph.......I will leave that to the kids. I want to pack some items, have a soda and enjoy those long distances without pulling over all the time and wishing that long road would end. You know what it is.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I think I would go with the yamaha triple the FZ 09. I think it would do everything that I need. I have specialized bikes to do other stuff. No such thing as too many bikes. The reality is that I will not be getting a new bike since there are so many older bikes I would rather have. If I want to go touring I will be picking up a GL1200A, if I want a fun street bike I will get another NT650 or a CBR600F. There are so many good choices available used and cheap I wouldn't bother with anything new.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
I'd have to say the road version of the '15 H2 Kawasaki.

The race version:

kawasaki-ninja-h2r-28.jpg

It's stupid, fast, makes zero sense, expensive and it's black & green: what more could you ask for?

H2 Green.jpg

The fact that it would intimidate good riders *, even those paying it a casual glance.

Danger, is my business."

P.S.: *, Not that it would intimidate ME any.

P.S.: " It's stupid, fast, makes zero sense, expensive and it's black & green: what more could you ask for? ". Oh?, that reminds me:

BMCGranFondoGF01.jpg

:)

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
H2 nice for stats now lets see a supercharged "400cc-650cc" bike at a solid 100hp + sub 300lbs. Although I wouldn't be surprised if that H2 is more derivable than my Buell CR at the granny wagon speeds i often get stuck in.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I'll second the RE Continental... now if they have a kit to punch it out a bit, I'd be even more interested.

·
Registered
10,456 Posts
I was lusting hard after the CBR1000RR SP last year.
Really love the Honda Red/White/Blue color scheme they used.
Also the go fast bits.
I do view the CBR1000RR as slightly dated and in need of a rework, but also know that I am not capable of extracting the performance out of it either way so it doesnt matter.
Have seen some used examples of the SP showing up cheap. Might just have to buy one.

·
Registered
10,456 Posts
I guess it is a case of "pay to play".
And I fully understand that guys right these things off a lot.
At $2k per year I figure the insurance company thinks there is a 100% chance that the bike will be totaled in 5 years....

I totaled my ZX10R in a few weeks.
So I guess I am ahead of the curve?

·
Registered
10,456 Posts
yeah thats full coverage.
Still though. More money then my car!
Actually it is more money then TWO cars!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts