Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about taking a company offer for the Phoenix area - anyone here in that area and offer any information - thanks

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
it's hot there

tires die a quick death

don't roll the windows up on your car

·
Registered
63 Posts
I lived there for 25 of my 29 years. I now live in LA and am never looking back... If you are old and republican, by all means, move there and stay put. But if you are younger and have dreams, stay away, Phoenix is an energy stealer, it will suck you dry (like the heat -haw haw). The state and city are run by retards with no vision, people like Joe Arpaio, Phil gordon, etc... If you do move there, and I suggest you don't, I'll help you with the hotspots and all the best places to live and eat, there are a few... Not to mention 3 or four bikers die a week there, no fun at all... Plus side you will be among a select few with nice vintage machines. Phoenix is all about the weekend warrior type, lots of custom chrome douche sleds here.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
i want to name my new company, "custom chrome douche sleds" and build $50,000-$100,000 choppers.

our global headquarters can be phoenix and we can have an east coast boutique in new hope, pa!

i'm gonna be a trillionaire!

bob, if your new gig doesn't pan out, i'm looking for a v.p.!

texy

·
Registered
854 Posts
all i know about AZ is that i was there in July and took my brothers bike for a spin at 9am. it was 114 degrees!! felt like i was riding into a blow dryer. not for me.

my brother has lived there for over 10 years and loves it. he works 3rd shift and rides about 11 months out of the year.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figured that summer months would be a little hot - but riding 10 to 11 months a year sound pretty appealing. I could use the hot months for bike rebuild time in an air conditioned garage - sort of what I do here for winter months. Please list the hot spots and what areas to look for homes.

As a side note - Mileage to the beaches in Cal is about 350 miles - to me that sounds like a nice bike run.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts