Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of picking up a scooter for the wife. She has a 15 mile commute on 45mph max roads, and her Volvo gets 24mpg using premium gas (turbo).

Yeah, it'll take almost a year to make the cost of fuel back to pay for the scooter. And with so many available hop-up parts out there.... So economics really aren't a true factor.

Thinking of the Kymco Super9. Mostly because of the CVT transmission. It's going to be my wife's, after all, so no manual 1960's Vespa.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Kymco's are nice. I happen to be a vespa guy at heart so I prefer the new vespa twist and go's to anything else. However....

I have to say that the honda ruckus is the tits. Where I live the asian scooter trash ride ruckuses and abuse the hell out of them without mercy. the little buggers just keep running. If she needs a "femmy" version the honda metropolitian is basically the same motor that is in the ruckus in a girly frame.

They made a 250cc automatic big ruckus in 2005 and 2006. Awsome little scooter. Didn't sell well in this country since new it was 3 times the price of the little 50cc scooter (basically you could buy a real motorcycle for what this sucker cost). every one I see for sale is like $3500-$4500 which I can't justify for a new scooter.

if you must have a two stroke I would take an older et2 vespa over the kymco but keep in mind most 50cc scooters are dogs, even the 2 smoke ones. If you can swing it, I would find like an older Vespa et4 150cc 4 stroke and get that instead. Even a used Lx150 vespa would be good.

Honda still maks the eleite 80cc which is pretty peppy and you can't beat it for parts avaialbility. You can find used elite 125ccs for cheap too.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
hey notnicky just got a 250 honda "ELITE" and i have to say it is the snitz. I loved riding it, a blast. His wife just got a VINO (Yamaha) and that is OK too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts