Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'been about two weeks on this thing. I've posted several ideas on the tech section... anybody got any input?

·
Registered
687 Posts
it looks like it might be a more comfortable ride if you put a seat on it. the tires look like brittle old ones sure to make you more intimate with the asphalt below you. headlights are a good idea. engine looks clean...

...connoisseur of slack...

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
can't tell from the picture, but if you don't already have 'em, mount up some rearsets.

NCNR

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol yeah well the tires are on order.. the rearsets i'm currently fabricating, the headlight is in need of some nice looking brackets, and the seat is being discussed in the technical forum. I actually have to replace the tank.. but I'm thinking of denting in the sides of the new one a little. I like that look( I don't know the technical term). yeah the motor has to be polished again it was completely painted and polished, but my father inlaw left it outside for two years and now it is trashed. I am going to design some exhaust. there is a sweet set on ebay but the seller is a total prick so I prolly won't buy his! I have a model A ford tail light I'm going to use. it's New old stock still in the box. I thought might be cool! any other thoughts?

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Put a bigger tank on it before you fabricate a seat. That tank looks too small for the bike. I wonder how a cb750 tank would look on it. My cb360 ran like shit with those shorty mufflers on it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I definatly gotta do something with the exhaust.. I really wanted a two into one. but I'm not sure yet, what I will do.. I may have a local shop fab something...

·
Registered
687 Posts
i have a tank from a cj360t that i'd love to part with and it was made to fit your frame. it only has one mind dent that could be repaired a number of ways.

...connoisseur of slack...

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
those upside down handlebars are pretty ghey.

damn, i din't know richard pryor did print ads.

texy

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what do you want for it.. keep in mind i'm poor? email me @ [email protected]

what is "ghey" or did you mean gay? cause I wouldn't know I'm not into homo stuff. I'll take your word on that. I'll give you it is pretty crappy looking right now.. give me a couple weeks and I'll have her on the right track.... and as much of a newbie as I am, I know they are not "upside down handlebars", they are clubmans!!!

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
yep, were all a bunch of flamers here.

see you in the men's room senator!

-sexytexy

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry I'm not that kinda girl. talk to judeyramone... he's geeto's gay uncle... man always talking about mango salsa and sexual persuasions... are you sure this is a motorcycle website or did I stumble into something I'm oblivious to?

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
That's pretty cold, throwing me under the bus like that. And I don't even remember the last time I made a pass at any of you homos.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no bus throwing here... I'm just reading the print on my screen.. says right there "geeto's gay uncle" If I missed something let me know! so back to bikes.. I need cheap rearsets. and a good front brake system!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so enlighten me as to why your obsession with some gay dead guy means I can't have clubmans on my bike? I know my bike is a little rough now.. but I'm working on it and the clubmans are ok in my book... I do agree that something needs to be done about the height of my front end.. I need to get some more pics on here I've done quite a bit since that photo

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
clubmans, of course, make you gayer than Liberace in Paris wearing feather pants, whilst eating mango chutney...off elton john's ass and listening to kraftwerk!

uber ghey! get a room, funboy!

texy

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
quote:
anybody got any input?
Yeah, let's get back to motorcycles and leave Liberace in Paris.
Do you have any plans to dual disc the front? Can you swap the fork legs from side to side to put the calipers on the back side of the forks?
Loose the chopper mufflers and install Dunstalll style mufflers, smaller seat(than stock), remove all unneeded frame brackets.
What are you doing for Speedo/ Tach and headlight?
DG

1 - 20 of 45 Posts