-wear your helmet
-obey your mother
-cherish blondes
-brunettes are keepers
-don't be a jabberdoo
-second is the first loser
-rubber side down
-don't grenade

what and where did it come from? significance?

tex

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
The "always preserve nature, wear a helmet" sticker is a honda factory sticker that I am pretty sure the dealers were required to stick on the American market bikes. about half my hondas have them but it is never in the same place. For the most part the cb750s have them on the tank behind the fuel cap but I have seen them other places. I also have factory paint tanks that never had them, because it was left for the dealers to install them they sometimes forgot in prepping bikes, also where the bike came from makes a difference as some states don't have helmet laws and the dealers were not required to put stickers on the bikes in those states.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
ok, im seeing 2 new stickers to be made!! i want one. rosko.....lets do it. this honda exhuast system is a manufactured single unit designed to increase excsessive noise and give the best performance under racing conditions. modifications wil....."

i want the original tank sticker, but with "dont grenade" to it.

freakin awesome!

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this lady rider came up to me at the philly bike night gathering (2wheel tuesday...at the abbeye) and said she has this sticker on her CB400/4 with factory original paint and it is below the clearcoat.

i hope she sends me a picture.

tex

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I think by 1975-76 Honda was putting them on most of their bikes, they start to appear around 1972 but not on every bike and not always in the same place. MY 1975 cb750K has one right behind the fuel filler, but the F bikes have a different sticker somewhere else.

And factory paint is not always "Factory paint" as sometimes a bike gets damaged in shipping and has to be repainted before being sold as new.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts