Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a gt550 im trying to get from buffalo anywhere closer to my house than buffalo. its a clean bike. im hacking at apart for the brake. runs. not bad. nice. maybe we can strike a deal......eh hem.....geeto.

jc

Edited by - joe c on Dec 17 2007 5:43:37 PM

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
you are hacking that biddy apart for the brake....oh the horror....IIRC that was a clean bike and I was just plum out of room at the time.

I'm not going to buffalo till after the new year, but if I go I can give you a heads up.

Joe, I don't mind storing the bike for you if you don't mind it being outside under a plastic tarp. Heck, is there anything you would want to trade for the remains? (I have a GT750 dual disk front end that bolts right on to that bike so it would be easy to get her back on the road). How about a complete but basket case 1965 honda dream 305?

If anybody is going from buffalo to NYC area they could drop it off at my house and I'll hold her for ya joe. unless you don't want to.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
you are hacking that biddy apart for the brake....oh the horror....IIRC that was a clean bike and I was just plum out of room at the time.

I'm not going to buffalo till after the new year, but if I go I can give you a heads up.

Joe, I don't mind storing the bike for you if you don't mind it being outside under a plastic tarp. Heck, is there anything you would want to trade for the remains? (I have a GT750 dual disk front end that bolts right on to that bike so it would be easy to get her back on the road). How about a complete but basket case 1965 honda dream 305?

If anybody is going from buffalo to NYC area they could drop it off at my house and I'll hold her for ya joe. unless you don't want to.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I'm probably going to be making a trip to Buffalo sometime after Christmas if it helps. I can pick up the pick for you then if you want. It would give me a great excuse to get out of the in-laws for a while. Then I could get it closer to New York if that works as well. I could make a "work" trip to Poughkeepsie.

Craig

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I'm probably going to be making a trip to Buffalo sometime after Christmas if it helps. I can pick up the pick for you then if you want. It would give me a great excuse to get out of the in-laws for a while. Then I could get it closer to New York if that works as well. I could make a "work" trip to Poughkeepsie.

Craig

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool. thanks craig i'll keep you in mind. karl has also offered to do the same thing. but heading up to your neck of the woods is better than going to buffalo. and when i say your neck of the woods, i mean, yours/karls.

ill let you know

joe

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool. thanks craig i'll keep you in mind. karl has also offered to do the same thing. but heading up to your neck of the woods is better than going to buffalo. and when i say your neck of the woods, i mean, yours/karls.

ill let you know

joe

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
JC,

It's looking like you better not count on me to pick up that bike in Buffalo. The transmission in my van went for the third time this past Saturday. Puked a small lake's worth of transmission fluid onto my driveway. At this point I don't think I'm going to bother getting it fixed.

On a completely unrelated note. If anyone's looking for a Dodge Van in great shape let me know. Mine is for sale. Cheap.

Craig

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
JC,

It's looking like you better not count on me to pick up that bike in Buffalo. The transmission in my van went for the third time this past Saturday. Puked a small lake's worth of transmission fluid onto my driveway. At this point I don't think I'm going to bother getting it fixed.

On a completely unrelated note. If anyone's looking for a Dodge Van in great shape let me know. Mine is for sale. Cheap.

Craig

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
man...that sucks. better there than someplace in south carolina or in ohio. no problem. thanks anyway!

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
man...that sucks. better there than someplace in south carolina or in ohio. no problem. thanks anyway!

jc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts