·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know more about what makes their lights and ignitions work

·
Registered
699 Posts
is that an electric starter or part of the case reed induction? i am guessing there is a total loss ignition set up on this bike or something?

·
Registered
699 Posts
is that an electric starter or part of the case reed induction? i am guessing there is a total loss ignition set up on this bike or something?

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I believe that is a generator mounted behind the cylinders. They run rotary valve intake off the ends of the crank with the carbs sticking straight out the sides. They are pretty cool. They also ran chrome plates cylinders that if damaged at all had a tendency to flake and peel. That is a pretty clean example.

Ken

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I believe that is a generator mounted behind the cylinders. They run rotary valve intake off the ends of the crank with the carbs sticking straight out the sides. They are pretty cool. They also ran chrome plates cylinders that if damaged at all had a tendency to flake and peel. That is a pretty clean example.

Ken

·
Registered
699 Posts
my cousin (who gave me an RD) had a bridgeston 90, it was his first bike, he was telling me about these side carbs the other day. sounds like a crazy set up. hack is this your next project? you are just jealous of my two stoke and you have to have something more unique than me...i see how it is! LOL!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
my cousin (who gave me an RD) had a bridgeston 90, it was his first bike, he was telling me about these side carbs the other day. sounds like a crazy set up. hack is this your next project? you are just jealous of my two stoke and you have to have something more unique than me...i see how it is! LOL!!

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well there are quite a few port induction two strokes to be had, many are not very popular or in high demand

not particularly interested in doing a Bridgestone project at all

mainly interested in scoring some specific parts for one

then I may see about adapting them to your RD after I get it from you

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well there are quite a few port induction two strokes to be had, many are not very popular or in high demand

not particularly interested in doing a Bridgestone project at all

mainly interested in scoring some specific parts for one

then I may see about adapting them to your RD after I get it from you

·
Registered
699 Posts
i am swallowing a GPS device before i come visit you...so if i go "missing" at least they can find my body. maybe they'll find my bike later. HAHAHAHAHAHA! you ain't getting my RD!! i don't know a whole lot about the port induction, but it seems like a really cool set up.

·
Registered
699 Posts
i am swallowing a GPS device before i come visit you...so if i go "missing" at least they can find my body. maybe they'll find my bike later. HAHAHAHAHAHA! you ain't getting my RD!! i don't know a whole lot about the port induction, but it seems like a really cool set up.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
HackA,
If you are just looking for intake parts, lots of the Kawasaki 2 stroke singles and twins were also rotary valve induction. Any of them that don't have a carb hanging of the rear of the clinder, have it nder the goofy side cover on the engine.

Ken

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nawww...... I just want one of the round things laying behind the cylinders

wonder if that Commando tank on that one is steel or glass

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
My Seca and the FZs have a funny round thing behind the cylinders, too. Plus they are 4 strokes. Beware!!! 2 strokes are the work of the devil. They suck you in with promise of light weight simple design and oodles of power. Then once you have sold your soul, they spit you out with air leaks, jetting, cold seizure, lean seizure or just general bad behavior which at best ruins your ride( Tyler!!!!) and at worst, puts you on your head because you couldn't snatch the clutch fast enough in the middle of a turn. I have owned a YM1 and numerous RDs, in addition to racing other peoples RDs and RZs. They all promised and provided good handling and extra power right up to the point where they spit you off. I hate them all. Hate hate hate, but, I really want to cafe out a 350 or bigger old 2 stroke single like a Kaw 350, or Suzuki or Yamaha 400. Maybe even an IT465. I am cursed and doomed. The devil is after my soul.

Ken

·
Registered
699 Posts
oh come on ken...they aren't THAT BAD!! if you were a dirt tracker, you would know throttle control! LOL!!! ok, so my RD does NOTHING below 6000 rpm...so what. and you dont have to worry about all that other stuff if you just tune it right! LOL!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts