Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
I recently liberated a 1999 Triumph speed triple from my brothers garage. And I have to admit I really like this bike, if it had better wind protection he would never get it back. Motor rocks, single sided swing arm big ass upsidedown forks carbon high pipe and dirt bike bars it like wants to ride over curbs and down sidewalks. I get stupid every time I ride it. And it weighs 460lbs I think but it feels more like a modern 600.(380lb +/-)
Very cool

pete

· Registered
74 Posts
Sorry for making you drool with the speed triple but check this out My brother has a bunch of cool bikes like 16 or something rediculous.I say to him I need something to ride. He was like pick up the speed triple and put some miles on it .The sticker is expired but I have the new one at work stop and pick it up too. the insurance is paid!!! Sweet I even weaseled a new electric vest from him. (He owns Farklemasters which sells gear for long distance riders) It was an older model but way newer than mine. All in all not a bad day to have a little brother.

pete

· Registered
74 Posts
How about the RS as well. After ridin the speed triple aroundI think I might need that motor in a faired bike for year round use.The only fault I can find with the speed triple is my commute is all highway and you get pelted by the wind. Kind of nitpicking I guess but W.T.F and a 1999/2000 RS or ST is probably doable price wise

pete

· Registered
74 Posts
Call the new Triumph's anything you want I'm loving my 99 speed triple and thinking about a sprint st for year round commuting. Awesome motor good suspension and reasonably priced used. I didn't pick it for the name on the tank.

pete

· Registered
74 Posts
Hey Mike O what do you think about a Sprint ST as an all round comuter/everyday bike. I have a speed triple(1999)and love most everything about it but would like more protection from the weather. I thought I was gonna freeze to death on sunday (27 deg).A 2000+/- ST seems like a pretty good deal.

Pete

· Registered
74 Posts
I was thinking of the ST with a taller windscreen cause I love the Triumph motor. A friend of my brother has a ST1100 Honda that I can borrow, maybe I will try it. Airhead BMW's are constantly tempting me also Damn!!

Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.