Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First login in a couple of years... Come to find out I'm still an Admin! Now that's interesting. I hope all is well out there with y'all.

So as strange as it is, I've been asked by the Ness family to perform at Arlen's celebration of life this Saturday outside of Oakland. After the memorial, there's a big group ride from the church to the shop, and I obviously am not riding from TX, so I'll need a bike. Does anyone know of any person or party that would be willing to rent me a bike out that way? All the rental companies I can find out there are either Harleys or out of business. I'd almost rather show up in a rented Kia than a Harley. :)

I hope y'all are still out there riding and in here giving the young bucks hell.

Best,
Aaron

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
I thought Harley was the only motorcycle you can rent in the US, BMW is the only bike you can rent in Europe and a Ski-Doo is the only ride you can rent in Canada :|

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I thought Harley was the only motorcycle you can rent in the US, BMW is the only bike you can rent in Europe and a Ski-Doo is the only ride you can rent in Canada :|
Do they pronounce it "Skuh-Doo" up there too? Or is that just is backwater Idahoans?

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
lol no that's an Americanism like 'watt kinder dawg ez dayat' I sound more like a Brit that has lived in the woods way too long ;) Skee Doo

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
these guys are in SF and seems like they would rent you damn near anything:

https://www.dubbelju.com/

Having ridden in that area, I honestly wouldn't want anything other than a bmw boxer twin or an HD, unless I wanted to be smelling burnt clutch climbing the steep hills.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
these guys are in SF and seems like they would rent you damn near anything:

https://www.dubbelju.com/

Having ridden in that area, I honestly wouldn't want anything other than a bmw boxer twin or an HD, unless I wanted to be smelling burnt clutch climbing the steep hills.
Good Find! My ideal rental would be a BMW R NineT. I'm trying to trade my Yamaha for one anyway, so it would be nice to spend some time on one. I'm not planning on putting 1000 miles in anyway.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Welcome back.
Doesn’t surprise me that you’re still admin. Not that you are any threat, but I don’t think they are big on security here. Ever since that loon wandered in, rummaged through my shit and changed my avatar, I limit what I post and rarely us PM.

Wasn’t it you who originally posted this? It still comes in handy every once in a while when I’m feeling crotchety.

CA06D386-E9AD-4CCC-9C29-C0EF381BB7B7.jpeg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts