Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find a set of grips that look exactly like these.
Best information so far is that they come off of an Aprilia AF1 50cc or something.

Have not been able to find a part number or anyone that has jus the grips for sale.
Need them for a "unpimping" project of mine.

Any help would be amazing.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
They look a little like Ariete grips,
but to be honest, there are probably as many variations of grip designs as there are prophylactics.

·
Registered
10,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reactions: woodsman

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
It's dangerous to fall in love with a set of grips, the best ones I ever had were not black they were a natural rubber looking thing branded Montesa, haven't seen them for sale at any price anywhere since 1977.

·
Registered
10,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is more for a "correct" restoration kinda thing.
Trying to unpimp one of my bikes.

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Registered
10,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The issue with that part number is that it appears to be a superseded one. So that part number does not yield the grips I need. No functional change, I get it. But still not exactly what I want.

I got in touch with the USA Domino distributor. AMAZING help.
They sorted me out on the throttle tube I needed, and they think they had a set of the correct grips in a box burried under a desk way in the back of the store room.
Figures crossed these work out.

·
Registered
829 Posts
the problem with aprilia stuff is that when they went broke lots of suppliers went broke and when they came back on line they sourced the previous parts from new suppliers. we used to get decal kits with every colour just a little bit wrong.

·
Registered
10,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup, the joys of small batch exotics.

Honestly the hunt is fun. Keeps me thinking. What else would I do with my free time? Figure out when bit coin is going to fluctuate?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
If you can't find what you want you might try Alidirect. I buy conventional grips and pick out 3 or 4 sets, order them, and then see what I like best. They are generally the same grips that sell with someone's label for a lot more. Delivery takes longer but you can't get a few sets, to your door, for about $30.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts