Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
i heard this morning that the english government picks up the tab and it's approaching something like 32 million pounds and rising. fooking nauseating! worthless pathetic opulent parasites!!!

i feel for you tony! enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
The wife woke my ass up at 6 am to watch it. I've been to weddings I knew what to expect....

The cool part for me however was the military flyover. There is only ONE Avro Lancaster still flying in europe (the only other flying example is in canada and there are none on display in the US) and it was nice to see it in flight along with a Hawker Hurricane and a Spitfire. I would have been more stoked about the Hurricane but I Have seen one in flight already as 4 of the 12 surviving airworthy ones operate in the US. I was even more stoked when they did two passes and I really got to see the Avro in banked formation flight as well as level formation.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
The wife woke my ass up at 6 am to watch it. I've been to weddings I knew what to expect....

The cool part for me however was the military flyover. There is only ONE Avro Lancaster still flying in europe (the only other flying example is in canada and there are none on display in the US) and it was nice to see it in flight along with a Hawker Hurricane and a Spitfire. I would have been more stoked about the Hurricane but I Have seen one in flight already as 4 of the 12 surviving airworthy ones operate in the US. I was even more stoked when they did two passes and I really got to see the Avro in banked formation flight as well as level formation.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by nic579

So who pays for that pompous shit?
The Tax payers pay for the security detail and the maintenance on the state owned vehicles (carriages, cars, horses, etc), but the Royal family pays for the rest out of their own pocket. IT is still a large number but no where near the 29-32BPS the total wedding it predicted to cost (around 48 million dollars american).

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by nic579

So who pays for that pompous shit?
The Tax payers pay for the security detail and the maintenance on the state owned vehicles (carriages, cars, horses, etc), but the Royal family pays for the rest out of their own pocket. IT is still a large number but no where near the 29-32BPS the total wedding it predicted to cost (around 48 million dollars american).

·
Registered
372 Posts
quote:Originally posted by pf66

Agreed, bet she has a shaved beaver but....
Does she partake willingly of speaking into the Royal Sceptre, allowing him a proper proper princely arrival??

·
Registered
372 Posts
quote:Originally posted by pf66

Agreed, bet she has a shaved beaver but....
Does she partake willingly of speaking into the Royal Sceptre, allowing him a proper proper princely arrival??

·
Registered
424 Posts
Okokok, its expensive and all, keeping a royal clan alive, but it also brings in tourists all year round (think southern UK is packed now?), and they all buy mugs and stuff (including me, buddy of mine brings a couple, grannys like them) My opinion is that without them, alot of tourits would be less keen on seeing London etc. At the end income and cost might break even...

Chris

·
Registered
424 Posts
Okokok, its expensive and all, keeping a royal clan alive, but it also brings in tourists all year round (think southern UK is packed now?), and they all buy mugs and stuff (including me, buddy of mine brings a couple, grannys like them) My opinion is that without them, alot of tourits would be less keen on seeing London etc. At the end income and cost might break even...

Chris

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
one of the people on the "Today" show had it right - "nobody would care nearly as much if this was the children of an english president". Could you see this kind of fanfare for one of the Bush Daughters?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
one of the people on the "Today" show had it right - "nobody would care nearly as much if this was the children of an english president". Could you see this kind of fanfare for one of the Bush Daughters?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Santa Ana hit the nail on the head. The amount of people the royals bring in as tourists more than cover what it costs to keep them. Getting money for old rope is appealing but to be stuck in a fish bowl like they are is not so. They are a money making tourist attraction. An English version of Disneyland if you like. Too bad Kate isn't one of the rides.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts