Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Per the latest announcements we will be resetting everyone’s passwords. Shortly you should be receiving an email directing you how to change your password. It will look like this:

Subject: Your new password for *site name*
Dear *username*,
Your password has been reset by an administrator. Your new details are as follows:
Username: *username*
Password: *Randomly generated temp password*
To change your password, please visit this page: *link to password reset edit page from USERCP*
If you suspect this email is a scam, you can confirm the legitimacy of this email by manually navigate to the forum URL yourself and use your new password to log in.
All the best,
Site Name
As you can see it will give you a randomly generated temporary password, as well as telling you where you need to go to updated it accordingly.

If you do not receive this email please go to the contact us page and select Other, and type in Security Password Update Issues

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

The Community Support Team

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
As per the other thread....why are you doing this?

I cant vouch for every member here, but I don't have any information in my account on this site that is "confidential" as such (IE: you don't have my visa card number or my bank account details).

·
Administrator
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As per the other thread....why are you doing this?

I cant vouch for every member here, but I don't have any information in my account on this site that is "confidential" as such (IE: you don't have my visa card number or my bank account details).
The security of members accounts is very important to us and although a members personal information or private information such as credit card info is not stored on the site, many people use the same password for multiple sites.

This could create a potential hole for a hacker to get your info which is what we would like to avoid. The forced password change for now is to insure there are no holes on the forum and the one that should happen a year from now can be revisited then and we can look into if it is still needed on the site.

Thanks,
- JB

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
So what your saying is that I should not have posted that intro thread giving out my Credit card info as well as my SSN and mothers maiden name ?!?! lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
That answers my initial question of was the email Mis-sent in the beginning. Obviously yes. The 3 month change is admin and everyone else is a yearly change.
I can handle yearly.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
So what your saying is that I should not have posted that intro thread giving out my Credit card info as well as my SSN and mothers maiden name ?!?! lol
If it's not to much trouble, can you give me your date of birth?

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Seems to me that there are a number of motors port forums owned by this group is there any work to consolidate the log in so that you have one account across all of the forums? Seems lame to me to have to have mult accounts and logins with the same company. Beyond that isnt that a wast of resources on your end?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I'm a member at another of their properties (triumphrat.net). I signed up years ago with an e-mail address that I no longer use. I never received e-mail from the website, so it never occurred to me to update the e-mail address on file.

They sent a password reset e-mail but didn't mention it on the website until after. Now I'm locked out and haven't heard back from the admins.

Kinda sucks.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I changed my password on one of their other forums and am blocked out yet again. I can still get in here I wonder for how long?

- - - Updated - - -

I changed my password on one of their other forums and am blocked out yet again. I can still get in here I wonder for how long?

·
Administrator
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am unable to change my password as the program will not SAVE my completed form. I hit save. Nothing happens.
Hey there,

You need to make sure your new password meets all the requirements: at least 10 characters long, and includes 1 Upper case, 1 lower case, 1 number and 1 special character. All the red X's will become blue checkmarks when you complete this. Only then will you be able to save your new password.

For anyone on other sites having trouble (or this site), please use the Contact Us function on the site to get in touch with us. Please include your USERNAME and the EMAIL you registered with to expedite your reset.

Thanks everyone

Dayle

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
You need to make sure your new password meets all the requirements: at least 10 characters long, and includes 1 Upper case, 1 lower case, 1 number and 1 special character. All the red X's will become blue checkmarks when you complete this. Only then will you be able to save your new password.
How the F are we supposed to remember a new password with all of that in it?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
For anyone on other sites having trouble (or this site), please use the Contact Us function on the site to get in touch with us. Please include your USERNAME and the EMAIL you registered with to expedite your reset.

Thanks everyone

Dayle
You guys own triumphrat.net? I've been a member there for a long time and the original e-mail address I signed up with no longer works.
I've messaged there 3 times and received no response.

·
Administrator
319 Posts
I just let my browser remember my passwords. I'm fine unless the computer crashes. If that happens, I just change all my passwords again once I'm up and running. Some folks pay for password managers, which will usually use higher security passwords as a matter of course.

·
Administrator
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm a member at another of their properties (triumphrat.net). I signed up years ago with an e-mail address that I no longer use. I never received e-mail from the website, so it never occurred to me to update the e-mail address on file.

They sent a password reset e-mail but didn't mention it on the website until after. Now I'm locked out and haven't heard back from the admins.

Kinda sucks.
Sending you a PM.

~ Glenda

·
Administrator
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How the F are we supposed to remember a new password with all of that in it?
Hey there

As suggested here, but not overly encouraged it seems, there are password managers you can use.

Alternatively, we've gotten a few ideas from other communities for more user friendly complex passwords:

You can use four dictionary words, capitalizing each, and change the first and last letters to a character and a number. @irHuckerSpineNolli3
Turn your favourite nursery rhyme/quote into a password using the first letters of each word, "(M)ary (H)ad (A) (L)ittle (L)amb (I)ts (F)leece (W)as (W)hite (A)s (S)now". [email protected]
Make your password a passphrase instead. RoastBeefAirIs#1

At the moment, we are concentrating on getting everyone reset and back in to their communities. Once the dust has settled we may revisit the requirements. For the time being it will remain as is.

Thanks everyone!

Dayle

1 - 20 of 27 Posts