Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get some tires for my 350s how does one get a hold of Pete Talabach to get Avon's and any idea what the average turn around time is ?

J "not that" D

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
go to that guy whos wholesaling them! i dont know anything about petes contact info. try over on the skulls list. hes a regular there.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
sorry, i maybe should ahve elaborated. i think that post was put here too though. the one for the avons at cost. im sure if you search it, you'll fins it. or you can also try and post to the uscra group.

later
jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
try going to the topic "avon race tires for sale" on this board. you might find something there.....

jc

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Joe.. yeah Louie .. I had seen that post but given the time constraints Aaron had told me to get in touch with Pete.

J "not that" D

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I told you just to go to Petes, but not because of time constraints. Plus I gave you the phone number while you were at your computer.

Aaron

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You show'd me the website...at work... I wasn't at work over the weekend but I'm here now :)

Peter Talabach, c\o Mohawk Garage, RT 8, Becket, MA 01223 Phone: 413-623-6022.

J "not that" D

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We do but only the Unix guys are smart enough to know how to use them. We are only allowed to point and click.

J "not that" D

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Dohhh.... Ummm, I'm assigning that ticket to Frank. I think it will be a good one for him to work on.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
You can point and click with a pen... I do it all the time, point at something, clickity, click click...making the little part that writes go in and out of it's house.

Once when I was in a strange government school and I got bored I captured a fly and put him in a baggie full of cigarette smoke until he went to sleep. Then I put him inside of my four color ball point pen, when he woke up he would stick his head out the end every time I tried to use one of the colors....he gave me endless minutes of joy till he was crushed inside the pen's mechanism.
I thought that was cruel, so I started putting them to sleep and then tying a hair around their neck, then I'd scotch tape the hair to the wall of my cubicle and they would fly around and around and around providing me with even more minutes of joy...until I would get bored and chase them with a lighter until they burst into flames like small fighter planes.
This is all true, and I still am credited with inventing the "fly-point pen".
JohnnyB

Edited by - jbranson on Feb 28 2005 5:22:49 PM

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
quote:Once when I was in a strange government school and I got bored I captured a fly and put him in a baggie full of cigarette smoke until he went to sleep.
Our tax dollars at "work".... <sigh>

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
youre a weirdo. i was only at the shop for a few minutes today so i wasnt able to clickety click pics of my exhaust. but i promise to tomorrow.

me

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
You shoulda seen some of the things I came up with in my short prison stay.

I can make a hash pipe out of freakin anything.

JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I forgot to go to work .....for three years....and my employer didn't have a sense of humor about it....fearing that maybe I was out of the country divulging secrets.
And...rather than being handled administratively, I was confined because my "profile" judged me to be an escape risk.

So I spent four months on a little island with a few other guys, lots of metal bars and guards, watching the yatchs practice for the Cup. Then I went to my Court Martial where I was awarded the coveted Big Chicken Dinner....or Bad Conduct Discharge to the unwashed.
JohnnyB

1 - 20 of 31 Posts