Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
you should be looking for a cb450 twin shirt not a cb 750 ...trader

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i have a bob log shirt as a shop rag. when ever i use it, i think about this place.

jc

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:
you should be looking for a cb450 twin shirt not a cb 750 ...trader

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.
I think that shirt is of a 450 twin or one of the smaller honda twins. Someone here made it a while ago but I forget who. Just do a search, it will come up.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yeah, the cafe "scene" is teeming with guys who like ta play dress up, just like any sort of thing thats cool...i went ta the rockabilly rebel weekend in Indianapolis this past weekend....so many 1950's wannabes there....dont get me wrong, i love old cars and hot rods, and even rockabilly music, but these "rockers" were NOWHERE ta be found at three in the am when we were still drinkin beers by the pool....guess they need their beauty sleep...
Im pretty sick of flat black cars(or bikes) with white walls, red wheels and dog dishes......
the cafe crowd is NO different...
there is a scooter rally this weekend in ohio...i say a bunch of us go to it, get loaded, raise hell, steal beer, steal wimmin, plunder and pillage those moped homos....anyone with me?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yeah, the cafe "scene" is teeming with guys who like ta play dress up, just like any sort of thing thats cool...i went ta the rockabilly rebel weekend in Indianapolis this past weekend....so many 1950's wannabes there....dont get me wrong, i love old cars and hot rods, and even rockabilly music, but these "rockers" were NOWHERE ta be found at three in the am when we were still drinkin beers by the pool....guess they need their beauty sleep...
Im pretty sick of flat black cars(or bikes) with white walls, red wheels and dog dishes......
the cafe crowd is NO different...
there is a scooter rally this weekend in ohio...i say a bunch of us go to it, get loaded, raise hell, steal beer, steal wimmin, plunder and pillage those moped homos....anyone with me?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I don't mind the rockabilly or rocker dress up once in a while - it is kinda fun to even look at, but the ones that bother me are the guys that live it. I mean all the time in the getup and they are very serious about it. To me that is like being serious about halloween, robs the fun right out of it. I mean it is 2007 fer christ sakes...stop lamenting that you were born at the wrong time when the only knowledge of the "right time" you have has been spoon fed to you by a biased and candycoated pop culture.

·
Registered
687 Posts
i wear a a black buco like the one below. bought new still in the box with a manufacturing date in 76'

these guys make some pretty cool looking helmets that have gotten really popular in austin with the scooter crowd. when i tried one on i was convinced that all they would do is keep the street clean by holding my brains when my head splits open.
http://stores.ebay.com/JPhelmet-Exp...0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ9QQftidZ2QQpZ2QQtZkm

...connoisseur of slack...

Edited by - snorkelfork on Jun 26 2007 1:52:01 PM

·
Registered
687 Posts
oh yea, i do wear an authentic 50's horse hide jacket like something dean or brando would have worn. makes me look a lot tougher than i am and a little too much like a greaser for my own taste.

...connoisseur of slack...

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
props to the scooter trash out there. they are some hardcore dedicated m.effers! check out www.mopedarmy.com

wish the scooter rally still coinsided with the september summit race weekend, that was a blast, and we actually had spectators in turns 4-6!

texy

21 - 40 of 49 Posts