Cafe Racer Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Administrator
280 Posts
They are not automatic gearboxes like scooters, they have a 4 speed box which you can change up/down with the gear lever - they just don't have a clutch - all it requires is to shut the throttle and change gears...up or down...there is a name for the type of GB, but meh - can't remember it..
Synchromesh? Basically they are clutchless shifting. I do that 90% of the time on the 1100. Actually easier and quicker once you get the hang of it.

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
C90 has a clutch, it just operates on centrifugal forces instead of a lever.

... how could you not care :unsure: that sounds so dismissive for somebody that just showed interest.

·
Administrator
280 Posts
You guys are hopeless. This is the third or fourth thread that started out pissing and moaning and ended up with a dude doing wheelies.

·
Administrator
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
C90 has a clutch, it just operates on centrifugal forces instead of a lever.
Probably the same as the little under-bones here which are all basically clones of the GY6 motor. I've never pulled one apart so can't make an informed comment.

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
Last time I checked, motorcycles use spur gears and synchromesh transmission uses helical cut gears.

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
Will do when I have to work on the wife's UB - until then it's moot for me.
You going to wait until it breaks to figure out what's in there?
First thing I do whenever I buy a new motorcycle or anything else, is familiarize myself with the parts and service manuals for that vehicle. I consider that to be a best practice and highly recommend it to noobies.

·
Administrator
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
You going to wait until it breaks to figure out what's in there?
First thing I do whenever I buy a new motorcycle or anything else, is familiarize myself with the parts and service manuals for that vehicle. I consider that to be a best practice and highly recommend it to noobies.
Now you are becoming annoying.

Extremely.

I know a lot about all the bikes that I buy and maintain.

Move on, before I move you on.

·
Administrator
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Wow, just wow. What was wrong with TR's response? Seriously...
If you need it explained - you are part of the problem here.

A few members here are confrontational, abrasive and argumentative just for the sake of it.

It's going to change.

·
Administrator
280 Posts
Language is cut and dried - you drop an FBomb and you get sent to the penalty box. Behaviour is subjective and at the moderators discretion.

·
Registered
1979 XS750
104 Posts
If you need it explained - you are part of the problem here.

A few members here are confrontational, abrasive and argumentative just for the sake of it.

It's going to change.
Says the guy threatening to “move on” someone just trying to help! Just because you don’t agree doesn’t mean you’re right...

61 - 80 of 104 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.