Cafe Racer Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Administrator
279 Posts
You are welcome to stick around and can talk to cranky old farts all you like - just as long as it's kept civil.

We are not trying to get rid of anyone. There's a lot of talent and knowledge here. We are just repeating, and now enforcing what this group was told FIVE YEARS AGO about forum participation and rules.

My ancestors were Danish immigrants, who were free settlers. Not that it is relevant to anything. If my ancestors were Redcoats, I would be proud of that heritage too.
You are right about the 5 years, this message was given years ago and the membership has simply failed to accept it. The bashing and grumpy old man syndrome was a problem that predated any involvement from VS as illustrated in this post from the original announcement.

All I can say to that is that what gets EMPHASIZED here is entirely dependent on you guys...the members here. We don't create a lot of content for here, and then ram it down your throats. We just make sure you have a functional place to share your stories, builds, and experiences. What gets posted and discussed here is from YOU. Personally, I don't much like the way you guys bash on new members. We all need to realize and accept the fact that 'cafe racers' are a resurgent trend among hipsters everywhere these days. (And I'm not much of a fan of hipsters, either). They're going to see the forum name, and gravitate here; and instead of trying to impress on them the heritage BEHIND this style, you beat them up, berate them for being fakes, and boot them out the door. That's not how this place is going to grow, or even likely survive. Just my thoughts, and occasional frustrations, with this group that you all deserve to hear from one of the Admins that's been here a few years.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Wrong quote, here is the message you speak of:
"
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to make a formal introduction to the Mod/Admin team. My name is Philip and I work for Verticalscope.com. We just recently acquired caferacer.net so I will be the one working behind the curtains here to keep the lights on. Continuity is important to us so I am certainly not going to be making any major changes to how you like to run things. We are mostly interested in working to support you all as well as make your day to day on the site easier.

Over the next few days you will notice myself Helena and Kyle around the site and as well as members of our support team, while we get to know the landscape of the forum and how things work. I will be working closely with you all on ways we can help improve the order of things here so you can spend less time feeling like you are working on the site and more time engaging the membership.

If you have questions please let me know, I will do my best to answer you all as quickly and thoroughly as I can.

-Philip"

... but I'm not a mod so I could not quote from the locked thread like you did.

[/QUOTE]

·
Administrator
279 Posts
Wrong quote, here is the message you speak of:
"
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to make a formal introduction to the Mod/Admin team. My name is Philip and I work for Verticalscope.com. We just recently acquired caferacer.net so I will be the one working behind the curtains here to keep the lights on. Continuity is important to us so I am certainly not going to be making any major changes to how you like to run things. We are mostly interested in working to support you all as well as make your day to day on the site easier.

Over the next few days you will notice myself Helena and Kyle around the site and as well as members of our support team, while we get to know the landscape of the forum and how things work. I will be working closely with you all on ways we can help improve the order of things here so you can spend less time feeling like you are working on the site and more time engaging the membership.

If you have questions please let me know, I will do my best to answer you all as quickly and thoroughly as I can.

-Philip"

... but I'm not a mod so I could not quote from the locked thread like you did.

Flaming out of existence doesn't help anything except the fragile egos of the flamer.

Here's a novel idea - try some constructive criticism to give the OP some direction.

But nah...flaming is easier, right?
I was in the middle of typing a message to close this thread and will do so in a second. Typically this post would be removed but as a constructive criticism to others I will note the type of content in the post above will no longer be tolerated and negative, disruptive, or abusive content will result in temporary or permanent bans.

·
Administrator
279 Posts
This thread has run it's course and no longer adds value to the site. Everyone has had ample opportunity both in this thread and over the past 5 years to ask questions and voice concerns so it is time to move on.

The changes in ownership, the rules, and the moderators are permanent. I encourage everyone to read the site rules HERE. If there are any further concerns about the site please contact Classic250 or myself by PM or you are welcome to contact Vertical Scope through their Contact Us link which can be found on the site home page.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.