Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after a bunch of crap at the other forum i frequent (mr fischer and geeto know which one) i am going to be coming back in here ALOT more.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
are you talking about jockey journal? ever since they decided japanese bikes weren't cool enough i've stopped hanging out there too. welcome home fuzzybutt. :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah, an sohc honda site. good group of guys except for a vocal few. i figure i need to stay away for a while is all.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I have a love hate relationship with the SOHC4.net site. There are some people on there who are absolutley brilliant when it comes to sohc inline fours and the rest are just assholes.

My biggest pet peves from there are:

"As long as you do whatever you think is cool" <- blergh! honestly who really needs this kind of positive reinforcement from a website? this is some jack handy feel good shit and it makes me wrech. Honestly this should be a given, you really need to say it out loud?

"I'm going to build a cb750 bobber" <- woah, slow your roll there champ. If it wasn't built before or during the Eisenhower administration with the intent of racing flattrack on sunday and riding to work on monday it ain't a bobber, ain't ever going to be a bobber, and you are a tool for thinking it. Plus do you really need a label that bad for what would otherwise be just a cool bike?

"I am going to build a cafe racer"
"Really, then you should pound in some knee dents in your stock tank"
Honestly, advocating knee dents is like advocating leg warmers...on dudes....completely unnecessary and if you have them you are probably a homo.

You notice I mostly lurk there now? Ain't much to say to people who are assholes.

Plus, Andy Morris is on there and once you get screwed twice by that guy, and they love him over there, there really isn't a reason to hang out there.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah, I dont blame you leaving the other site, Fuzzy. To many people offering their unwanted opinion of anything.
I left the other site because people would jump on it to complain about an Ebay purchase BEFORE contacting me about it through an email or U2U to try and address any problem. They all started to resemble a really bad Cheech and Chong skit (That shit DG sold me wouldnt get a fly high!).
There needs to be better moderation on that site. To many big problems could have been averted if they were nipped in the bud before they became a big problem.
Theres alot of A-holes on the other site. Too many know it alls who aint got a clue. Not near as many as the DotheBoltOnAndPostPictureSoYourFellowTonnersCanSayOhhOhhAhhAhh site has though.
This site is pretty good. I pretty much left all message boards when the last round of BS erupted and signed back up to post this message.
I may post more here, I may not. Who Knows, Who Cares
DG

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
We all care. We missed you.

Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts