Discussion Starter #21
No, I would not

·
Registered
2,459 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
speaking of self loathing cars. I like 325ix BMWs.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hopefully e30. Because fender flares.

That GTV-6 is awesome. You can find them for kinda cheap too

Reactions: Geeto67

·
Registered
268 Posts
Really?
e30 is my answer to anyone who asks about getting into club racing for cheap.
If I had more space I know I would do it. Also if I couldn't build something 6x faster for the track for the same money...
But still, while 325is prices are increasing, its pretty hard to beat. They are basically indestructible. Parts aren't crazy expensive, and you can go racing with a fun bunch of dudes that are in it for fun.
Not like those guys with the tic-tacs with flip up lights spending $16,000 on a 76 hp engine(1hp increase from a junkyard engine)

And I just can't believe that anyone, regardless of their irrational hate of bmws, could actually hate an e36.
I mean come on...
And I mean the car, not the people that generally own them...

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I had an e30. a 1991 325i 5 speed manual convertible that I bought for $500. Sticker on the car was $35K in 1991. It was one of the last e30s with diving boards. Wife and I drove that car from 2008 to 2013 and I sold it with 172K miles on it to a kid who drove it 500 miles back to Canada the same day. It was a wonderful car and I miss it. Because the bmw e30 had been the preppy villian car in so many teen movies Derby used to say "lets go bust up a prom" almost every time he got in it. Jag has actually been in that car when I exceeded triple digits with the top down.

Ask Jag about the e36 M3. He will go into some diatribe about how it was the most over-hyped car he has ever driven. Actually don't, he has real hate for the bmw e36, mostly because it was a douchebag magnet for so long and you really don't want to listen to that.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Kinda like a wrx, or wait...his current car. The automotive equivalent of a cb750.
A neat little engineered thing, that every scenester douche overpaid for to bag and put 18x11 inch wide wheels on with -16 degrees of camber for instagram followers.
Here that Jag. Your car is basically the new e36!
31882_403114689725_367360459725_4065583_3026621_n.jpg

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
don't forget it's an automatic!!!!

I have never cared what anybody has ever thought of any car I drive, which is probably why I have owned a YJ wrangler for almost 20 years and owned and or driven such magic gems as a rotted tot the tires 1972 el camino, a 305 powered automatic 3rd gen firebird, a OHC 6 cylinder powered 4 door tempest granny mobile, a bandit trans am when it was still common to see them parked next to trailer homes, and so on.

but let's not beat on him too bad. I liked his R32, for the most part. Hated that it didn't have a third pedal.

to put him back on the bad idea track:
1952 cadillac

1989 GMC Safari Astro 4x4 350 v8 stick

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Vw people are bad.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I probably had one of the worse products of of Chrysler Co.. A 1976 Dodge Aspen employee lease. In less then 18 months the tops of both front fenders rusted through and battery acid dripped and ate the brake line running under the battery tray and going to the left front caliper. In redemption I got a new first year RX-7. That RX-7 was more fun then most cars I've owned to include Vette, couple Lotus Cortina rallye cars, Audi 5000, Camero, Pontiac STE and other boring transportation over the years. It matched the Elan for fun factor and was easier to maintain. There were a couple aftermarket shops making some nice products to move the RX-7 a bit faster and handle better.

Re: Jags dislike for BMW. I had a similar dislike for Audi both USA and Germany product and it cost a fortune to fix !

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
My dad owned a 1969 Europa S2/type 54 with the Renault R16 engine. It was an English gray market car here. There are some discrepancies I am running into. I thought the S2 had the notched rear wings, but the notched wings didn't come until the Twin Cam came out. The US version of the type 54 was the type 65 which was redesigned to raise the nose of the car to put the headlights at the proper federally mandated height. This raising of the nose absolutely killed the handling as it allowed too much air under the car. While some of you may fit in the "car" the pedal box was extremely tight and if you had big shoes on you would find yourself hitting gas and brake at the same time. Geeto, you wouldn't even fit through the door opening, no offense brother. I would give $2500 for that one in a heartbeat, even if it didn't have a motor. That engine bay is prime territory for a number of performance engine swaps including Wankle rotary motors. This Europa's are bringing big money these days, I'm surprised that one is still available if it is.

21 - 40 of 1061 Posts