Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1061 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
No offense taken, though for a chance to drive one once I'd find a way to fit. There are cars I am always shocked I fit in (real cobras) and cars I am shocked I don't (I have to drive early corvettes with left foot braking because of the giant steering wheel.

Cessna 150s are the Honda hawk of the airplane world.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Put the Pontiac engine in a street legal version of this....

1950 Cooper MK4 Type 11 Streamliner F3 F500 Race Car Norton 500 Manx | eBay
I always liked the coopers. I had thought of a street legal version of one for awhile. Use a Ninja 500 or 650 engine out back chained to a CRV carrier, sealed with a hat. Or a Subaru carrier. And some ATV bits up front. I have seen lots of lightweight tough control arms and spindles with 4 on 110 or 115 lug patterns. Wheels are always tough.

Possibly use an IRS vw rear differential. That way you could use wide five wheels which would look period. Even if the engine is not.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I would melt the first time I drove it on upstate NY roads.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
well do you want a toy or a Daily Driver? Because this plus a used honda civic beater puts you miles ahead than buying another expensive depreciating asset.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Right now the zero garage limits the level of stupidity.

Already looking for a place.....

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
That Pantera is worth it right now , even in the shape it's in.
I don't know if this is an improvement for either Ford or Harley with this Big Twin powered Fiesta:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I think i would honestly DD the pantera just like it is. Probably collect bits to restore later. But for now just enjoy it. Not worry about somebody letting a buggy hit it in a parking lot. Go to Lowes and throw a bag of mulch in the passenger footwell. I tend to drive like a bat out of hell. I would probably end up in jail. (assuming i ever found a transaxle.)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
yeah. Nice price. but figure she will need another 5k in a major service MINIMUM.

I want a Ferrari too. Have to get the Subbie paid for first.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
The major service is a huge cost.
I have been reading that some owners are actually DIYing these services though!
Saw one guy do the engine out service on a 348 in a driveway!

While this will surely effect resale.....its not like these will ever be worth zero dollars. and cars like the one I posted already don't have complete history.

I would prefer a 355 because it was one of the few beautiful modern Ferraris.
People say the 360 is the wise choice. They are near the floor in price too. Cant see them getting to $50k.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Mondial coupe is the only cheap ferrari to daily drive. It's so hated even by regular people, nobody will assume your are a douchebag. Plus you get all the underpinnings of the old GTB/4. For new car people it's too old, for old car people it's too new, and most ferrari people would rather have a 412.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I would also rather have a V12.
Personally I really love the GT4, but those are more then 308s now.

Not looking to do this for zero dollars. Looking for the bang per buck kinda thing.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I want the car for the performance and experience, not the look.
Ask Geeto....I have a thing against kit cars.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I did wonder if it would be your cup of tea. I looked at an F40 that had been thrashed around that air field in the summer and there isnt a substitute for the real thing if its power you want. The guy had a drag race against a Carrera GT and they where pretty close. Was also a Veyron there but he wouldnt play with that. Amazed how small a car that was actually.

41 - 60 of 1061 Posts