Cafe Racer Forum banner

81 - 100 of 1061 Posts

·
Registered
23,296 Posts
It would be a bad DD with a Ferrari as a second car.....
you need to buy a house. Fuck the red car or the jaguar. Either is enough for you to get a down payment going for a house. Even if you only live in upstate for another 2 years you'll at least have 2 years of equity.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
A friend of mine has an XK with 30k miles,full dealer service history and he's owned it from new. Got factory extras and it's only ever out on a sunny day. He lives in Tenerife most of the year and is looking to let his jag go. I'm all over it if I can get it

·
Registered
10,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
you need to buy a house. Fuck the red car or the jaguar. Either is enough for you to get a down payment going for a house. Even if you only live in upstate for another 2 years you'll at least have 2 years of equity.
Nope, not buying a house in NY.
Something in the islands maybe.
I have very "compartmenilized" finances.
Car buying has no impact on home.

·
Registered
23,296 Posts
Nope, not buying a house in NY.
Something in the islands maybe.
I have very "compartmenilized" finances.
Car buying has no impact on home.
money is liquid, it goes wherever you need it. Credit is not liquid, don't count credit as "money". You can always sell a house when you move.

Buy the red car as a celebration for buying a house. you are just pissing away money if you are renting.

·
Registered
10,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Rent is cheap. I call someone if something breaks. They take the trash and snow away too.
Jut flat don't want to deal with home ownership right now.
Gotta get married first anyway.

Not counting credit as money either....

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
They always felt like a jumble of styles. especially in retrospect. Its like a Mitsubishi GTO (not a bad idea...) got with a Corvette that got with a Supra. Throw in a Japanese designer fresh out of college that had some of those tacky Lambo posters in his dorm room and you got the NSX.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I don't think 1st gen NSXs will ever decrease in value from what they are now. Eventually one of the writers in Jalopnik will find out 10 years too late that you can buy an aluminum bodied, mid engined, mildly reliable entry level supercar tuned by Aerton Senna for 25k and write a story about it.

·
Registered
10,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
The guys from DriveTV already let the cat out of the bag

·
Registered
268 Posts
I REALLY like those.
Mainly because of the race cars.

81 - 100 of 1061 Posts