Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bad news, I've completely depleted my motorcycle racing fund. I can't afford to buy another spark plug.

The good news, I bought a really nice '97 KTM 300EXC, which is decidedly not a caferacer, but none the less, very cool. I'm gonna ride it right through the winter if I can.

It was a tough decision, finish off a couple projects and be ready to race in the spring, or blow the account on a playbike that was too good a deal to pass on. I guess I couldn't pass on it...

Maybe I'll be able to race next year anyway.

FR

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup. I went on my first real ride on it Thursday with the Montshire club ride, and had a great time. I've only done limited trail/woods riding, so I'm really psyched to get out on this thing and find out all about it. I had my share of low speed crashes/falls/stalls. I came home sore, bruised and extremely happy, not only with the bike, which held up just fine, but also with my riding progress. It's great to have a bike under you that you know can handle whatever you can get into. Definitely a confidence builder, 'cause you know the bike can do it, it's just up to the rider. I learned a whole lot, can't wait to go out and learn some more.
It's all good, and thanks for the good vibe!

FR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts