Cafe Racer Forum banner

Banquet?

2K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  joe c 
#1 ·
How was it?

#6 ·
Stein broke his ankle? Damn, I was there and I didn't know that. I drove a Saab 9000 Turbo with ruined suspension over Route 2 between Charlemont and North Adams in the blizzard. Spools up pretty easy in that weather with a turbocharged front wheel drive car.
I thought the banquet was pretty fun, but especially the brunch at Keith Hussey's on the morning after. Good food and good stories.
Sucked you guys didn't make it.

Z

#12 ·
i would have given mary mouth-to-mouth, then gotten enraged, then had MY gang beat ME up, then wish I hadn't gone. Frank, you deserve it. (whatever it is) You're still my hero. (giro?)

Aaron, did you see the photos of Rossi in BIKE mag? did you read he is going to be racing CARS in 2007?:

#15 ·
aaron,

by meaning "a jordan".........

are you refering to his retiring from the bulls, playing baseball, retiring, then playing basketball again, retiring, then managing basketball, and getting fired.

or are you refering to his enterance into motorcycle racing and the world press kissing his ass like he is some f'ing moto messiah?!?!?!

imho, nothing looks dumber than a 6'9" man trying to ride a motogp bike (see roadracingworld -jordan on ducati pixs).

i think he should play professional chess.

or just jump in the grave and die.

tex "hatin' this morning" mawby

#16 ·
quote:
Frank,
If I went I might have gotten enraged and had to have my gang beat you up.
And then Mary would have to give you mouth to mouth...and it would have gotten very ugly.

Besides....Aaron didn't go.
JohnnyB
JB,
Anytime Mary wants to practice mouth to mouth I'm ready....just don't tell my wife. It would be worth having your gang beat me up.

FC

#17 ·
quote:
aaron,

by meaning "a jordan".........

are you refering to his retiring from the bulls, playing baseball, retiring, then playing basketball again, retiring, then managing basketball, and getting fired.

or are you refering to his enterance into motorcycle racing and the world press kissing his ass like he is some f'ing moto messiah?!?!?!

imho, nothing looks dumber than a 6'9" man trying to ride a motogp bike (see roadracingworld -jordan on ducati pixs).

In reference to "to his retiring from the bulls, playing baseball, retiring, then playing basketball again, retiring, then managing basketball, and getting fired."

Aaron

#21 ·
quote:

You are hatin'. I don't recall, "the world press kissing his ass like he is some f'ing moto messiah".
I recall him starting a race team and giving roadracers a chance to make money. And in turn exposing a world of Jordan fans to the world of motorcycle racing.
You wouldn't have ridden a MotoGP bike if someone gave you the chance? INNNNNcorrect.

Z

#23 ·
I was real happy about Jordan and his race team. Just what the sport needed was some cross over action....it might seem ass backwards to US...but to the rest of the country Jordan's involvment gives legitamacy to the sport of road racing.
I'm sure there were some BIG money sponsors looking at the press Jordan and road racing were getting.
JohnnyB

#24 ·
great, start a race team. and then have your team actually win some races. seems like mr jordan is in a lot of photos while his "riders" take a back seat. oh, i guess their not that important huh? well i guess the press has to talk about something. when his team doesn't make any news, we might as well cover mr. jordan taking a victory lap on some bike. please factories give this guy a bike to ride, we promise you some press too. how naive! hell your probably wearing nike!

tex "still hatin' the jumpman" mawby

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.