Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone I'm supposed to be swapping parts with, dropping off, picking up, looking at etc. at the banquet. Doesn't look like Mary and I are going to make it. She's got an early flight to Florida the next morning and we wouldn't get back in till 1 or 2am, don't want to cut things that close.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
can't you guys get a room and drive straight to the airport in the morning? i was going to make that play until the banquet came a week early.....and i was leaving from logan. don't know if i can make it til spring to see you guys. scott, what's your exuse?
-parks

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's always a tough call for me, that's a prime work night for me anyway, so with lost wages it's about a $400 dinner. Doesn't take much to tip the scale into negative territory.

Still kinda wish the whole shebang could be moved to like April, or Sept. Maybe in a pavallion or something. Pot Luck sorta thing maybe. I always enjoy it when I go, just kind of a pain for me. I do miss seeing everyone over the winter though.

It's always a good opportunity to press the old timers for some good race and technical info.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
If I can find someone else from the area rolling up I'd carpool but I can't justify the trip alone. Too many solo race weekend rental vans to recover from.

and prepare for.

I think this banquet in particular will be one to attend as there seem to be big changes afoot.

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
jeeze, myhopes of having that bike delivered are being dashed every moment!

maybe they should cod the trophies to us.

jc

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
That did it for me. If Bransons not going, neither am I.

JS

Edited by - champ on Jan 04 2008 6:14:43 PM

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
then that means i'm going to attend for sure. any one want me to cod their trophies for them? it might take me a while to send them out though.
-parks

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
it was awefully quiet here.

i know the smiths went. mikeo too.

jc

·
Registered
450 Posts
The banquet was a good time. Great to see everyone and thanks lonewolf for the Maine talk. Steve D told a dirty joke (well maybe more than one), good food, great people, lot of bench racing.....typical banquet.

Definitely had a lot of people though. We ran out of chairs. Drank one of those big beers I drink every year. Gunstock is in talks again so I am keeping my fingers crossed for that. Hopefully we have all the dates this year as the track was just sold Friday.

All in all a good time. Date is our for 2009....January 24th at The Oxbow. Book it!

·
Registered
227 Posts
quote:
No way Steve D. told a dirty joke....I don't believe you :)

JohnnyB
Yes he did; they BEGGED him to; but it was a PG one.
Yes; it was a good time. Pix were being taken but mine didn't come out. To those who haven't recieved your awards yet; they are really well done - you'll like 'em. Much better than dust-collecting trophies I think.

Hopefully the rule book on line will be updated to reflect the new decisions being made.

Kevin Cameron was there and read us a piece he wrote. That was a treat.

Cosmo Joe brought his usual stash of goodies to give away. Studded gloves were given away everywhere; now Kerry and her mom have a matching pair! We want to see mother and daughter outfits at the next event Kerry.

Dreamqueen
USCRA #305

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Yep the place was pretty filled up 'I don't think they could have even fit Champ in if that dang football game wasn't being played. Lots of people to catch up with and plenty of lies to tell and listen to.Where do we come up with this stuff? Jerseygirl welcome to Maine,I do envy you on your new adventure. I guess that opinions on the meal differ with when you were told to go get your food. K.Cameron was amusing,the outlook for the next few years of racing at NHMS wasn't. I really hope for the best.Gunstock could be fun,I think that I would put together something different just for the bumps.Possibly doing damage to your main ride would be a bummer. Talk of racing in NJ under the USCRA banner hardly used up half a breath.Here again hope for the best. Not knowing how many races we may have next year or where they may be,knowing that the banquet is set I'll go ahead and make my arrangements,you can't pass on a chance to yuck it up with so many good folks even if some of them don't always tell the truth.I may pack something to eat for dinner though.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
enjoyed numerous dangle(o) (naughty) jokes where i sat. my better half actually told him one he hadn't done before. and father nelson made an appearance too. food wasn't bad at all. i too hope our hsms future is bright. wish we didn't have to make the return trip back at 10:30...staying over would have been better. much to my dissapointment, missed out on being able to talk to a few c/racers. too little time.
-parks

1 - 20 of 52 Posts