Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone that is interested, I have two 20 x 20 spaces reserved for the upcoming Barber Festival in October.
There are usually four of us that share the spaces but this year only two of us are going. As a result I have some
space available.

If you know anything about Barber you know that there is a waiting list a mile long for Swap Meet spaces.
One of the plusses is being able to camp in your space. That alone makes it worth the cost of the space.

The two spaces cost me $300. I'm not interested in making in money from the space. So if one or two
want to share the two spaces with me we will split the cost evenly.

If you don't have anything to sell then please don't look at this as an opportunity to get a camping spot.

Pm me or call 404-408-6844.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Careful there. Had a long chat with the new guy in charge a couple weeks ago. Starting this fall, those who just use spots to camp/park cars are going to unvoluntarily lose those spots for 2018. On top of that, the ones who own businesses, are going to be pushed over to the Fan Zone.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
We really should organize a group trip out there. I have a bunch of stuff I could take to sell off as well.
so start organizing. It's in October. It's an 8 hour drive from where I am so no worse than a mid-o trip. You could haul out to me one day and then the next day we haul down there. you have two tents?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
so start organizing. It's in October. It's an 8 hour drive from where I am so no worse than a mid-o trip. You could haul out to me one day and then the next day we haul down there. you have two tents?

Reminds me of the old joke:

Patient: Doc, I keep having these dreams. First I’m a teepee; then I’m a wigwam; then I’m a teepee; then I’m a wigwam. It’s driving me crazy. What’s wrong with me?

Doctor:
You need to relax. You’re two tents.

I do have A tent - a loaner from friends for Scouts but it would work.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I'll sell anyone that wants, a large box of mystery parts for $100 + shipping (guaranteed to be worth more than $150, and I'll include a parts list with part numbers, application, and approx. value). I can drop-ship it to the track c/o whoever ponies up for it. You get to be a legitimate swap meet seller, and you maybe get your spot fee back, plus some gas money!

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
I have a shit load of cb500/550 parts I should sell.

im just much better at buying then selling at a physical swap meet.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I have got boxes of stuff, too, except I never sell anything, cause what if I need it someday. Exceptions are made only for people I know or people on here.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am definitely not offering the space for someone who is only interested in camping. I have had these spots for
5 yrs and have no intention of losing them. It just so happens that this year I don't need all the space and would
prefer making it available to someone that wants to sell parts that I have at least had some contact with rather
than a total stranger.

I am not in the parts or bike selling business. I just take stuff I have accumulated throughout the year and I've
never lost. My goal is to clean out the garage a little and make enough to cover the expense of spending the weekend
at Barber. It's a great weekend.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I meant no offense in my offer; it was legitimate. Just stuff I don't need and it's more hassle for me to sell it onsie-twosie. I thought one of the other members could make a go of it (it's not junk).

Anyway...

·
Registered
466 Posts
I am definitely not offering the space for someone who is only interested in camping. I have had these spots for
5 yrs and have no intention of losing them. It just so happens that this year I don't need all the space and would
prefer making it available to someone that wants to sell parts that I have at least had some contact with rather
than a total stranger.

I am not in the parts or bike selling business. I just take stuff I have accumulated throughout the year and I've
never lost. My goal is to clean out the garage a little and make enough to cover the expense of spending the weekend
at Barber. It's a great weekend.
New guy in charge is cracking down. Got an e-mail yesterday that the waiting list is north of 300 people now, with no plans to expand until 2020. So, the people taking up 5 spots with an RV, buying a spot for a car, not really selling anything, they are giving the boot.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They should have started cracking down like this a few years ago. For the last two years I've been next to a guy that gets four spaces
and doesn't sell anything. He rides around on a minibike all weekend looking for bikes to buy. He lets his friends use the other three
spaces for camping. Then we have to put up with all their noise and carrying on all night. Several of us vendors around him complained
to John last year. I don't know why they've waited so long to take action. They have had a waiting list every year now for about 5 years.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
They should have started cracking down like this a few years ago. For the last two years I've been next to a guy that gets four spaces
and doesn't sell anything. He rides around on a minibike all weekend looking for bikes to buy. He lets his friends use the other three
spaces for camping. Then we have to put up with all their noise and carrying on all night. Several of us vendors around him complained
to John last year. I don't know why they've waited so long to take action. They have had a waiting list every year now for about 5 years.
I know the guy. At least he bought a bike from me year before last.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I miss the old days...

That's my coffee pot plugged in at the restroom in the background. Free coffee to everyone, all weekend. Also, had a my toolbox handy and helped people everywhere that had mechanical issues. Also carried a few extra sleeping bags and blankets in case anyone forgot, or ride in and decided to stay, just return it where you got it from (never lost one)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts