Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Tony, I wish I could get your exchange rate! I thought it was almost $2 per pound.

Nice score none the less.

Jack

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I gave my ex-gf's son a pocketbike for his 12th b-day.(they're pocketbikes in American Tony)

Painted it basecoat/clearcoat to match my 01 GSXR. Had the wheels PCed white. My local sign shop scaled all the GSXR logos and put his name, sports/dirtbike number on it. It was badass.

Replaced most of the original fasteners and safety wired. They shake like a bitch.

Speaking of bitches, his mother refused to give me any of the pics of it from her computer when we broke up.

At the time I was messing with it there were some forums and quite a bit of hop up available for them. It was a hoot to me to read the kid's posts about running drill bits through their carbs and getting them to run faster and whatnot. Downright inspirational...

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by JackC

Tony, I wish I could get your exchange rate! I thought it was almost $2 per pound.

Nice score none the less.

Jack
jack i just checked the rate and i was way out, heres the exact figures.
30.00 GBP = 46.2610 USD

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
When I was in London & Scotland, the exchange was 1.56 GBP = 1 USD.

Tony, that's a much better deal than the $30 I spent on Gurl's race winning "Made in Great Britain" Dawes. I didn't even get a pocketbike with hers! I think you should paint it up like a late 80s faired RD350.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
You got your conversions backwards (probably Freudian, talking about gay bikes :D)
£30.0 is almost $50.00

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
You got your conversions backwards (probably Freudian, talking about gay bikes :D)
£30.0 is almost $50.00

1 - 13 of 13 Posts