Cafe Racer Forum banner

Baymen

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Ease 
#1 ·
I realize it's Janurary 3rd... But i thought this was worth sharing.

For those of you who dont know what a Baymen is here in Newfoundland... Basically when you live far outside of town and you end up so bored that you build a chopper out of wood and pipe, cover it in tinfoil and call it Santa's, you're a Baymen.

Nice detail on the Terminator skull though.

Hey By'

See less See more
#4 ·
Not quite a tradition, more like a gross generalization based on one person. I figure it has to be a chopper... because it's un-ride-able. Hah.

ImSlow, If you're goin to St. Johns, I'm in that area. If you've never been you should come. George street has more bars per square foot than anywhere else in North America. See Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Street,_St._John's
Or come in September for the Targa Rally: http://www.targanewfoundland.com/

List of pubs, strip clubs and dance bars (All within 2 city blocks):
Bridie Molloy's
Lottie's Place
Trapper John's
O'Reilly's Pub
Trinity Pub
The Attic
Mulligan's Pub
Kelly's Pub
The Rob Roy Pub
Konfusion
Turkey Joe's
The Black Dog Pub
The Fat Cat
The Carriageworks
Peddler's
The Martini Bar
Greensleeves
The Ale & Lager House
Malibu
Club Etomik
Club One
Sundance Saloon
Dexas
George Street Beer Market
Jungle Jim's
Normies
CBTG's
Roxxy's
Distortion
Bubbles
The Cornerstone
Dooly's
Christian's
The Bull & Barrel
Lenny and Buddy's pub
John and Peter's Black Rum Bar
Mexicali Rosa's
Pulse
RUSH
The Cotton Club

As far as the Cafe Racer scene goes... It's pretty nonexistant. But I'm doin my part.

Hey By'

#6 ·
Hah, well theres only 2 strip clubs, but yes. Pretty much...

(Actualy theres alot of other things to do here... But I'm sure noone here wants to hear about all the Irish Newfoundland music festivals, traditional art exhibits, museums, restaurants...etc... So I just stick to what I know).

SO I guess, ImSlow, You should also check THAT stuff out... "The Rooms" in downtown St. Johns is a good place to go look at artsy fartsy stuff and get brunch... But if you want to find me I'll be on George Street.

Hey By'

#7 ·
Atually my wife & I have been talking about visiting that bit of Canada for a while (Yes,by bike). In-laws have a place in ME. I'd love to truck the bike out & take the ferry. She has an art degree & I flunked out of art school. Not that I mind strippers. 3 kids kinda make everything more complicated, but art museums add to the appeal.

Edited by - judeyramone on Jan 06 2007 08:13:09 AM

#9 ·
Ain't gonna haappen this year, but I'll definitely keep the invite in mind.

quote:Truck the bikes over...
Bikes? Try bike (singular). Tough enough to get her on the back of one of mine, let alone ride her own. Talked her into a MSF course last year, and she'd had enough by 10am Sat morning. She wants (oooh... this is embarrassing) a Vespa.

Edited by - judeyramone on Jan 06 2007 08:26:11 AM

#11 ·
Yeah theres still mummers out in the smaller communities... Not so much in here on account of people not wanting strangers commin into their houses.

I'm gonna assume mummers in philadelphia aren't people who disguise themselves and go from house to house.

Hey By'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.