Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cafe'd '69 CB750 I am building with a hot rod mutt motor(not sandcast; k2-k6 parts). Since I am selling the fireball orange T350 it is time to pull this cb750 project off the shelf and button it up.

I need a fresh set of main bearings for the light crank as well as a set for the new conrods. Any suggestions, folks? Anyone have a set of blacks or browns they never used? Maybe a pair of yellows, for the crank and rods, which I can plastigauge and then buy the best fit...

Yadda, yadda, yadda, yes I know all about the correct bearing spec chart info, but my crank does not have the codes (it's been lightened), and my aftermarket rods don't have the marks either. So it is measure and go... unless someone has a nice set of new browns or blacks I can snatch up cheap....

Geeto? I heard you might have a set!?

Peace and grease
-fang

'70 Suzuki T350
Download The Fang.mp3 HERE

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
a buddy of mine has a couple NIB sets from honda...I will need to pop by and see what he has (if he hasn't sold them already). I personally don't have any main bearing sets because I used the last ones I had a couple of months back.

APE still does cb750 crank work and JAY (I think that is his name) on the SOHC board works for them. He can tell you where to get main bearing sets and the specs better than anyone can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts