Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I was curious if anyone could give me their two cents on a good cafe style racer for a short rider. I am 5'3", used to have a 2002 R6 and was tip toe riding which I would really like to avoid this time around. I have since sold my R6 and am looking for a new bike and love the cafe look.

Thank you for any and all help!

Abbey

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I am short and the way I see it ride whatever you like. CL160 is the biggest bike I have ridden where I can put both feet on the ground and walk it from the seat. Learn good balance and don't put your feet down. The Honda Rebels look really low.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I am short and the way I see it ride whatever you like. CL160 is the biggest bike I have ridden where I can put both feet on the ground and walk it from the seat. Learn good balance and don't put your feet down. The Honda Rebels look really low.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
You won't have any trouble reaching the ground on lots of vintage bikes, especially after you put on a racing-type seat. I'm 5'4" and I can reach the ground flatfooted on my Yamaha TX500. The seat on my bike is about 2" or 3" lower than stock.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
You won't have any trouble reaching the ground on lots of vintage bikes, especially after you put on a racing-type seat. I'm 5'4" and I can reach the ground flatfooted on my Yamaha TX500. The seat on my bike is about 2" or 3" lower than stock.

·
Registered
10,492 Posts
Puch maxie

·
Registered
10,492 Posts
Puch maxie

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

Sportster.
I just threw up a little in my mouth.

EX500
Savage650
Ninja250

Please avoid dogbones or radically altering ride height. Manufacturers set things up that way for a reason.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

Sportster.
I just threw up a little in my mouth.

EX500
Savage650
Ninja250

Please avoid dogbones or radically altering ride height. Manufacturers set things up that way for a reason.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts