Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm sort of new to this whole cafe racer stuff, so pls excuse my incompetentness. i would like to get a project bike, but when i started looking i realized that i really don't know what bike to look for. i'm just wondering what make model and year i should look for.

thanks for your help
-GUD

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
depends on your budget.

A proper gentleman's cafe bike tends to be british, but to a lesser degree 1970's jap bikes tend to work well.

If you are just going for "style" then basically almost any bike made between 1955 and 1975 (and possibly some later) should get you on the road.

I am partial to cb750s (and so it the rest of the world apparently by the looks of things right now) because they are cheap, fast, reliable, dependable, and there is a buttload of parts out there for them.

BTW, fill out your location in the bio.

Edited by - geeto67 on Jan 08 2008 07:30:32 AM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx gee, that is the exact answer i was looking for!

List of things I hate: Stupid People

·
Registered
187 Posts
Will you be riding it very far? If so you will want to go with at least a 750. If you just want one to cruise the neighborhood and bar hop then it is hard to beat a little CB350, RD or XS. When you find a bike take a look on ebay and make sure parts are easy to find. There are literally millions of CB's out there so parts are very easy to find.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Ditto what Geeto says its always ,ditto to what Geeto says.But remember Geeto is a big guy so it excludes some smaller bikes from his list.cb 750 are plentiful in parts and resale value can be good.
If your looking for a cafe styled bike for street is one thing and a cafe Race bike is a whole other field.
So look around "image" search engines helps estheticly for what you like may just be a certain look you maybe after.I ussually type in cafe racer or cb cafe ussually pulls up good images also ace cafe london has a good picture library.

Geeto also forgot to mention, you will need a set of clubman bars, and an old school helmet and googles as soon as you make your purchase on your cafe to be ride.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

·
Registered
115 Posts
gots almost a hole cb350 and mite trade for runza's
i live over in des moines ia and i find alot of the cb350.

eric750

1 - 6 of 6 Posts